Why is AFK Reagent Buying NOT Illegal?

Topics related to Second Age
Chike

Re: Why is AFK Reagent Buying NOT Illegal?

Post by Chike »

I am pretty new here and so far most reg vendors are empty. Thats cool, its an old server and some people have the economy locked down. I'm finally to a point where I can recall around to shops and find something though, but what a waste of time.

It has been tremendously annoying finding regs. I've seen people afk recalling around and missing their vendor buy's as the vendors were out of range. This whole fiasco is a major gray area of unnatended resource gathering.

So from what I can tell

1. Resource gathering unattended is illegal unless it is reagents.

2. There is no 2.
Pacific early 98-01
Acropolis 04-05
UOG 05-06, 08

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

The trouble is that your precept is wrong when you consider regs a resource, therefore the rule is clear: Unattended resource gathering is illegal. Unattended buying from NPC's of an item/resource is not.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Chike

Post by Chike »

Fair enough Pirul. If you change the precept of regs to not being a resource you are correct.

Either way the way things are, shall remain. Its not THAT bad though, because the regs can still be located, it just takes a little bit of hunting.
Pacific early 98-01
Acropolis 04-05
UOG 05-06, 08

Jupiter

Post by Jupiter »

I think something that is also overlooked in this is the restock factor of vendors.

In order to possibly get 999 of a reg, you have to consistently buy out the vendor's entire stock over a period of several hours. If you can find a vendor where somebody has been buying recently you have a chance of getting extremely high volumes. Otherwise, vendors typically only have 20-30 of each reg on them. That would take much much longer to accrue any decent amount of regs.

Galendae
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Galendae »

Jupiter wrote:
Galendae wrote:
Pirul wrote:
Galendae wrote:I was right about Telamon Blaise and you defended him to the bitter end. Good chance i am right about Rammar. I rare hunt, I see and have seen alot. GM follow him for a couple days and his shit will get condemned. Same as what happened to your boy Telamon.
Would love to hear about the lot that you "see and have seen".

Simple, he is 100% Bot. And is on 24/7 He covers way to many rares at one time to be just 3 accounts. Simple math. 3 characters can't be at more then 3 rare sites total. He is 24/7. Third party programs as well. You can ask Lightshade for the details on that, as he enlightened me.
screenshots with date stamps?

9 characters on right now for Rammar. But what do I know. Time date and stamp this!

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Galendae wrote:9 characters on right now for Rammar. But what do I know. Time date and stamp this!
Simple enough. PM Derrick the names of such 9 characters and politely ask him to check the IP address of the 9 characters and check to see if they match/are close by. Cross reference that to IP's on the forums and IRC, and I'm quite sure you can check to see if of those 9 characters more than 3 have been logged in at the same IP, as login IP records are kept indefitely from what I've heard.

In other words, I encourage you to denounce this the way it should. If Rammar is indeed guilty, get him banned.

Missy B

Post by Missy B »

Pirul wrote:
Galendae wrote:9 characters on right now for Rammar. But what do I know. Time date and stamp this!
Simple enough. PM Derrick the names of such 9 characters and politely ask him to check the IP address of the 9 characters and check to see if they match/are close by. Cross reference that to IP's on the forums and IRC, and I'm quite sure you can check to see if of those 9 characters more than 3 have been logged in at the same IP, as login IP records are kept indefitely from what I've heard.

In other words, I encourage you to denounce this the way it should. If Rammar is indeed guilty, get him banned.
man, pirul, you like to tell on everyone.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

No, he's making some serious accusations, if they're true, the cheaters should be banned.

satori

Post by satori »

There is this guy named Celebrimbor who uses speed hacks and i heard from my uncles cousins mothers dogs sister that he duped 10 bazillion gold and he went door to door on hisstreet creating accounts at each house so now he has 72493 accounts!... Making blind accusations sure is fun, right Galendae?

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

I would just appreciate people not speaking for me and/or putting words in my mouth. :(

Claiming that I said someone was cheating implies that I didn't let Derrick know about something...which makes me look like part of the problem.

That's an insinuation that I do not appreciate.

Leave me out of this nonsense.

...and take the Trash Talk to the appropriate Forum.
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

Galendae
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Galendae »

I was one of the very 1st, if not the 1st, to call out Telamon. I knew it from the 1st IDOC I was at with him. Guy was running way more then 3 accounts. Was so obvious. But no, all the fan boys shouted me down! The two obvious cheaters left after Telamon are Lord Cavewright and Rammar. Any GM that wants to, could do the slightest bit of detective work and bag them both. Hey, I understand, they got better things to be doing.

Where are all your apologies about being wrong on Telamon? I am still waiting for those.

Galendae

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Galendae wrote:I was one of the very 1st, if not the 1st, to call out Telamon. I knew it from the 1st IDOC I was at with him. Guy was running way more then 3 accounts. Was so obvious. But no, all the fan boys shouted me down! The two obvious cheaters left after Telamon are Lord Cavewright and Rammar. Any GM that wants to, could do the slightest bit of detective work and bag them both. Hey, I understand, they got better things to be doing.

Where are all your apologies about being wrong on Telamon? I am still waiting for those.

Galendae
I don't think there are better things to be doing than cleaning up the server of cheaters. I have denounced plenty of afk rares gatherers and gotten them jailed (to those who were not afk, I appologize, I know there were a few too). One even got banned because of EUO usage. If you think they're cheating but admin won't pay any attention to you, let me know and I'll do the leg work for you. I'll bugger Derrick until a full investigation is done and justice is done.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

Galendae wrote:I was one of the very 1st, if not the 1st, to call out Telamon. I knew it from the 1st IDOC I was at with him. Guy was running way more then 3 accounts. Was so obvious. But no, all the fan boys shouted me down! The two obvious cheaters left after Telamon are Lord Cavewright and Rammar. Any GM that wants to, could do the slightest bit of detective work and bag them both. Hey, I understand, they got better things to be doing.

Galendae
You know nothing of the circumstances for which Telamon was banned, and your assertions that you do along with its use to attack other players are nothing short of libel. The forums is not the place to air your grievances regarding certain player activity. Stop now.

If you have a suspicion that a particular player is breaking some rule, gather some information and report it to one of us. I have only ever received one report from you on any player's activities, which turned out to be false at the time, and since then you have made several claims but have never made any reasonable effort to communicate with the staff, nor provide any substantial proof of any of your claims.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Jason-

Post by Jason- »

Pirul wrote:The trouble is that your precept is wrong when you consider regs a resource, therefore the rule is clear: Unattended resource gathering is illegal. Unattended buying from NPC's of an item/resource is not.
I don't want to start a huge nagging competition, but I'm having a hard time seeing eye to eye with the statement that regs aren't resources.

I do agree that unattended purchases isn't the same thing as afk resource gathering.

satori

Post by satori »

Seems to me that the difference is afk resource gathering is illegal and resource buying is not. Gathering is making a resource out of nothing. Buying is receiving a resource for gold. Im not for or against this just trying to say what ive got out of this post.