Troubleshooting (Please Advise)

Topics related to Second Age
HI IM MIKE

Troubleshooting (Please Advise)

Post by HI IM MIKE »

So I've just downloaded the package off of SA's website, and am attempting to connect for the first time. I've got razor loaded and client 5.0.8.4 running, however once I type in my account details it freezes at connecting and eventually gives me the Cannot connect message. I've also attempted connecting to other free shards and receive the same message. Unfortunately I am completely computer illiterate and don't even know where to begin. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Could it be a problem with my Flash? I have every windows firewall disabled currently, as I cannot play League of Legends with it enabled.
nightshark wrote:I can't comment on going out looking for fights for the sake of fights in the field because it's never been something I've been interested in.

HI IM MIKE

Re: Troubleshooting (Please Advise)

Post by HI IM MIKE »

Also, I cannot connect to the UOSA IRC either. It errors out after trying to connect w/ this message: [12:03:06] Running lightIRC 1.2.3 Build 101. Project home: www.lightirc.com
[12:03:26] Flash policy problem. If you are the server owner, please read http://redmine.lightirc.com/projects/li ... structions. You need to install a flash policy daemon at flash.wildirc.net (port 843).
nightshark wrote:I can't comment on going out looking for fights for the sake of fights in the field because it's never been something I've been interested in.

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

I too am computer illiterate, but a thought: Do you have Microsoft .NET?

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Alright, what OS are you using? ...and yes, as chum said, you might need dotnet (specially if you're running on a Mac using Wine or Boot Camp)

Are you trying the web based IRC clicking the link at the top of this page? If so, then that's the ticket, it has not been working properly for some time. You need to use an IRC client such as mIRC or KVIRC.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

HI IM MIKE

Post by HI IM MIKE »

That makes sense for my IRC issues, however don't you have to have .NET in order for razor to even open? I'm running 64 bit Windows 7.

update: I've now downloaded mIRC and am still unable to connect to our IRC server. Connection error reads as follows:
Session Start: Mon Jan 14 13:01:38 2013
Session Ident: Status Window
02[13:01] * Connecting to irc.wildirc.net (6667)
-
02[13:01] * Connect cancelled
-
02[13:01] * Connecting to irc.wildirc.net (6667)
-
02[13:02] * Unable to connect to server (Connection timed out)

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

On the dotnet issue, Razor will open, but will not connect.

On the IRC issue, I have no clue, best to e-mail the support guys at wildIRC.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

HI IM MIKE

Post by HI IM MIKE »

oh well. it's probably a network security issue. my building uses a shared internet connection, and I'm sure there's some sort of built in firewall there. I've had issues with connecting to some LoL games as well. I guess a come-back wasn't meant to be. See ya next year!

Populus

Post by Populus »

Start > Run > cmd
Type in 'ipconfig'
Note the Standard Gateway numbers
Open your browser, enter those numbers. If prompted to login, try "admin/admin" "administrator/administrator" "Admin/Admin" "Administrator/Administrator" and stuff like that. If you manage to enter, find the firewall and turn it off, if that's the case. Also note the model and give the model to us.
ImageImageImage
[cA]

Freight Elevator

Post by Freight Elevator »

I still use the IRC link on this page and connect fine.

As far as Razor goes.. When my comp crashed and I had to reformat about a year ago I remember having to run everything as admin as. Also, disable desktop composition and run as classic theme ring a bell. Not sure why I remember them though, hopefully someone else can chime in.
Lambo wrote: And seriously what kinda pvper ever has a character with parry they take out into the field...... really

Brules

Post by Brules »

Sounds like IP ban?

Faust

Post by Faust »

.net comes by default with Win7. Sounds more like a network issue or IP ban as Felix stated.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

It sounds to me like you're blocked by your network admin. Can you try from a different location?
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

HI IM MIKE

Post by HI IM MIKE »

Hey, D. Thanks for the response, but I'm afraid I have no idea who my network administrator is. Consequently, even if I were able to log in from a different location it wouldn't do me any good, because I want to play UO from home. I tried what Populus had recommended, but none of the username/login credentials were correct. Out of ideas, and motivation. Hope all is well, and it's great to see such a healthy online count. Keep it up!