pets.

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Kefka

pets.

Post by Kefka »

After you tame a pet, and you give it the command to "drop", it only drops its gold, and not the gems/other items it spawns with.

Shouldn't they drop everything?
Last edited by Kefka on Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.

[00:43] <Hemperor> i like turtles

Derrick

Re: pets.

Post by Derrick »

Those other items are not actually created until the creature is dead.

If you snooped nobles, or other NPC's you'd actually find only gold on them as well, but if you killed them additional items drop to the corpse.

Kefka

Post by Kefka »

thanks for the quick reply :D

[00:43] <Hemperor> i like turtles

Flash Hardstar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Flash Hardstar »

I could have sworn when you told your drag to drop, it dropped it all....
Red wrote:Kill Flash, and I'm going to bet that his loot is worth more than 2k.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

On OSI pets had all items generated upon being spawned. The reason this was the case was due to the fact that thieves made a profession out of stealing from particular monsters. Further, NPC nobles were a favorite to be killed by other players because of the fact that they quite commonly carried higher end magic items and had a fair amount of gold on them as well. NPC noble killing was one of my earliest tactics for making money, and the only reason that I even found out about the higher end magic items was due to snooping the NPCs and looking at the items themselves.

Despite all of that, I don't know how the item generation is handled through RunUO, and I can't comment on whether we will actually see this functionality or not in the future.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

I want to say something is a bit off, I had my thief in the LL room a few nights ago and I was able to steal a scroll off one of the lich lords. My assumption now would be that the LL looted one of the nearby corpses and that is the scroll I ended up stealing.

On IPY they had it so monsters had all their inventory on them at all times, the item count was insane, so they switched it over to what we have here (the monsters carry gold, and the other items appear upon death). I'm assuming that's the reason we have it like this (to reduce item count)
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

tejhim

Post by tejhim »

i used to have nothing to do with the thief skills when I played untill i found out snooping raised dex insanely fast I started snooping on npc's and only ever found gold amounts between and around 10-150 but I never found items on npcs unless I killed'm. whether they did this as a patch after they released t2a or when they released it is hard to say. I do remember them having tons of lag issues relating to items though which is why garbage bins as well as ticket rewards for dumping items were introduced. at which time that was is still foggy to me. it's been a long while.