Tried to buy regs

Topics related to Second Age
Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Tried to buy regs

Post by Light Shade »

Guerrilla wrote:i have failed to buy regs, at all npcs as well, several times, shitty patch for sure, but what can ya do?
I'd blame the macroing resellers before i'd blame the patch if you're upset.

Just boycott buying their regs and they'll stop. ;)

I know, I know, you would have to organize people and work together and interact in a MMORPG instead of going solo and expecting the same results.
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

Light Shade wrote: I know, I know, you would have to organize people and work together and interact in a MMORPG instead of going solo and expecting the same results.
HAX
Est Sularus oth Mithas

Guerrilla

Post by Guerrilla »

Lightshade said:

I know, I know, you would have to organize people and work together and interact in a MMORPG instead of going solo and expecting the same results.
Ah... so that's why this patch was implemented, i had no idea, but in actuality, if this is the reason for the patch, wouldn't this patch be counter-productive, being that players now must resort to player vendors to purchase regs, when npcs are empty?
Halleluyah
<DemonArkanis> hopefully ill go to hell and not have to listen to your bullshit

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

Guerrilla wrote:Lightshade said:

Ah... so that's why this patch was implemented, i had no idea, but in actuality, if this is the reason for the patch, wouldn't this patch be counter-productive, being that players now must resort to player vendors to purchase regs, when npcs are empty?
Reagent Buying in Era was never a problem like it is here because of OSI's policies. This shard adheres to Era-Accurate mechanics while ignoring the vast majority of OSI's policy decisions. This creates problems that never existed on OSI servers.

It is BOTH the Policy Decisions and the Mechanics that created the gameplay environment during the era.

By divorcing themselves from OSI's policies, it has given arise to AFK Gatherers...among other things that simply never were accurate to the Era in any way. This, in turn, has created the problems that we see with certain players abusing Game Mechanics because there is no Policies in place to curb this type of behavior. Personally, I think it is ironic (at best) to adhere strictly to era-accurate mechanics while ignoring era-accurate policies. They were never meant to be exclusive of one another. The mechanics were certainly as much a result of the policies as the policies were as much a result of the mechanics.

Basically, until the Staff decides to implement similar policies that went hand-in-hand with the mechanics of the Era, situations like with reagents will continue to persist.

Regardless, you can still buy regs if you look around.

I do agree that this recent patch did nothing but exacerbate the problem with AFK Reagent Buyers, though.
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

5HITCOMBO

Post by 5HITCOMBO »

I'm pretty much decided it isn't the afk buyers. It's the amount of restock.

Afk buyers on constant loop are the only way to get an amount of stock on vendors that's substantial. However this also means they have to constantly keep them empty to keep their stock high.

If afk buyers did not exist. No one could ever buy any substantial amount.

So the system is busted and it screws everyone but afk buyers. I don't begrudge them, it's natural.
Malaikat wrote: I try way too hard to sound intelligent on a small internet forum about a wizard game amongst a small handful of random anonymous nerds. I have a vested interest in this matter indubitably.

smokybarnable

Post by smokybarnable »

This must be the reason why player vendors reg prices have increased. No, I won't be paying 6gp for nightshade...not going to happen. My new strategy is to roam around and pick regs up off the ground, since the recent patch has increased reg spawn.

Freight Elevator

Post by Freight Elevator »

smokybarnable wrote:My new strategy is to roam around and pick regs up off the ground, since the recent patch has increased reg spawn.
That is gonna take you forever!

I have noticed the last few days it has become easier to buy reags. Just set a buy agent and mark a runebook to all the mage shops..then check it a few times when you're playing and you'll be fine.
Lambo wrote: And seriously what kinda pvper ever has a character with parry they take out into the field...... really

Alex21
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Alex21 »

The First Player Of UO Second Age.