Inaccuracy concerning items and the cursor.

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Fwerp
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Inaccuracy concerning items and the cursor.

Post by Fwerp »

I've noticed what I believe to be a rather important inaccuracy. On OSI, when a character died with an item on its cursor ("on your finger"), the item fell to the ground on the same tile as the player's corpse, rather than onto the actual corpse. However, on Second Age, items held on the cursor at death merely go on the corpse.

This is particularly important with respect to thieving and the like. Thieves working in unison could steal items in town, quickly put the item on their cursor, die to the guards, and have their ready friend recover the item from the ground (circumventing auto-return).

Anyway, I just think it should be changed if it isn't too much of a hassle.

Faust

Re: Inaccuracy concerning items and the cursor.

Post by Faust »

I can confirm that an item drops to the ground if you're holding it with the curser when your character dies on the demo.

ClowN

Post by ClowN »

i remember this as well. never noticed that it didnt work on here though. then again i dont play a thief anymore.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

This also extends to closing the client with an item held on your cursor, however I don't know how much of this particular functionality is handled server side and how much is handled client side.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Moishe

Post by Moishe »

If this is something to deter you myriad of pestillent thieves, then I would consider this a most advantageous feature.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

It's all server side. I recall this as well.

Michael Malloy
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Michael Malloy »

Moishe wrote:If this is something to deter you myriad of pestillent thieves, then I would consider this a most advantageous feature.
Other way around. Mazel tov.