Abyss Event Idea

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Abyss Event Idea

Post by Hemperor »

So Loops was talking about the original Abyss shard the other day, which I had no idea about... And I got the idea that it would be pretty cool if we had events in which the players were monsters and had their stats and skills.

Could easily be incorporated into CTF, each player is a random monster (although it would be balanced throughout the teams). Or even in individual events, the better a player does, when he respawns he can choose an even better monster etc... Just a thought, I think it would be really cool and spice things up.

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Daolin
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Abyss Event Idea

Post by Daolin »

All start as mongbats. First one to ancient wyrm wins!

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

It would have to be balanced as well, as in putting liches rather than liche lords because they can heal, yet adding in Ogre Lords because they can't heal but have the advantage of hitting hard. Each team would have a balance of the same amount of these monsters etc.

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Red

Post by Red »

On one abyss server around halloween, the paladin moongate in trinsic gave you 500 hps, 500 dex, 250 int, a full spellbook, 100 ea reg, and insane skills.

Kylock

Post by Kylock »

I liked the original Abyss Test. It was basically CTF, each color had their own castle with reg & equipment stones.. You'd have to run into the center of the castle on the 2nd floor to get to their flag, and make it all the way back out. I believe there was a permanent gate system set up, where each castle was linked to the fire temple with access to all of the gates there -- which was usually one big ass war.

It was pretty hard to capture a flag, even if you made it out of the castle you'd get caught in crossfire at the fire temple.

ClowN

Post by ClowN »

abyss was the shit back in the day. anyone remember Santas Slay during the christmas season? i loved that shard too. we should definatly do that here during the appropriate seasons.

Red

Post by Red »

There was a cool bug that involved being way over the stat cap and gaining a stat, on Santas Slay and related shards.

3500 magery is fun. Kill people with reactive armor, and overweight people with the stregnth spell.

yaadood

Post by yaadood »

I would love to see the original OSI Abyss Test CTF shard replace the test center shard here. every skill GM, 100/100/100 stats, free regs weps etc.

the only way to capture the flag was to invade their base and stack a boat load of hides everywhere, then polymorph into a chicken to get the flag and get the hell out

Corbin

Post by Corbin »

yaadood wrote:I would love to see the original OSI Abyss Test CTF shard replace the test center shard here. every skill GM, 100/100/100 stats, free regs weps etc.

the only way to capture the flag was to invade their base and stack a boat load of hides everywhere, then polymorph into a chicken to get the flag and get the hell out
Except the point of test here is to... well, test. All changes made to the shard are first tested on the test shard to work out bugs.

I wouldn't mind something like this being added to the CTF already on the main shard.
Pacific (98-02) - Mystic of FL
Catskills (03-08) - Roo Avery of VIT, T^B
UOSA - Amos Trask/Roo Avery of WTC

rouss

Post by rouss »

i would love to see the abyss shard too!
Chesapeake Nov. 1998 — July 2000
Second Age Feb. 2009 —

Guerrilla

Post by Guerrilla »

i miss u and all hemp, and hate to burst your bubble even more, but inaccurate
plays the tune wah wah wah....
Halleluyah
<DemonArkanis> hopefully ill go to hell and not have to listen to your bullshit

BlacKnight

Post by BlacKnight »