Is it possible to sell trapped boxes without going red?

Moderator: Support Moderators

Kryptonical
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Is it possible to sell trapped boxes without going red?

Post by Kryptonical »

I'm new to this tinkering thing. But would it be possible to put trapped boxes on a vendor or something and not get counts for whoever uses them?

Derrick

Re: Is it possible to sell trapped boxes without going red?

Post by Derrick »

Kryptonical wrote:I'm new to this tinkering thing. But would it be possible to put trapped boxes on a vendor or something and not get counts for whoever uses them?
If you trap the boxes on the floor of your house, you won't be eligible for a count.

Kryptonical
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kryptonical »

Thanks for your response! Now just to clarify, I am able to put a box on the floor of my house (not locked down or secure) and as long as I have my potion or trap recipe in my back pack I can then trap the box on the floor.

Then some one can pick it up (another player? myself) and then if some one uses it and dies I would not get any count?

So for example I could pick it up and place it on my vendor?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

That's correct, it the trap is placed on a container that is sitting in the open (not withing another container), in a house that you are at least friended to, you will not be held to account for any damage the trap might do to someone.

Wappness
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Wappness »

I think you have to be the owner of the house to not get a count on you. I am a freind of the house but I made the traps and some freinds took them to town and I got flagged for the traps

Red

Post by Red »

What would happen if a trapped box was placed on a player vendor and someone tried to open it?
Would it explode?
Would it not let the player open the box?
Would it not explode but let the player open the box?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I belive you would be unable to open it. At one time they were killing people and it was fixed.

Faust

Post by Faust »

The person that is suppose to be responsible for traps are those who places a trap or drop the trapped box on the ground outside of a friendly home. A person should not be able to trap the box in the house to have a countless box outside of that house. If you or a friend picks that box up and drop it outside of the house the person dropping the box would be responsible for the trap. However, if you have a bomb inside of your pack or pack animal this would not give you a count if someone died from snooping or looting it. The only time that box received a responsibility stamp with your name on it was when you would place a trap or drop that box on the ground. I could possibly be leaving something out on this one...

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

There was a specific OSI patch that addressed the ability to trap boxes inside the house and not recive a murder count of them. I don't have it in front of my but my understanding is that it does not matter where the box goes afterwards, there is no count.

Faust

Post by Faust »

I noticed after reviewing the article that you are correct Derrick. Down towards the bottom of the article on stratics where I didn't read it says this below...
Creating the trap safely

Trapping a moveable (player made, highlights yellow) chest that is located in either a building or boat that you own is not a crime of any sort(keeping the key in your pack while creating the box helps ensure this). This is a defensive measure for players to protect their possessions. Taking the chest outside of the building makes no difference on criminal behavior. In fact, any chest created inside a building or boat that you own has no 'ownership' at all, and can be used without fear of criminal consequence.
I was under the assumption from not reading it thoroughly that the person dropping the box was responsible. That is what happens when you don't read everything related to what you're discussing as I always say. :wink:

Kryptonical
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kryptonical »

Well in this case!

GM TINKERED TRAPPED BOXES (ALL TYPES) FOR SALE!!!

btw whats a good price?

different pricing for poison? dart? explosion?

think this will become more of a demand?

Wappness
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Wappness »

So if I am a freind of the house and I make the trap, with the box on the floor of the house, I will not get a count on me if someone else from the house was to take the trapped box to town and lay on the ground and some by stander opens the trap and dies, there would be no count , right? If right, why did my name go to the scoundrel after a freind in the house took the traps and placed them in town. One thing I do not want to do is go red.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

This was fixed one or two patches ago, it didn't prevoiusly work like this. You used to get a count no matter where you trapped the box. You no longer do.

Return to “New Player Help”