really RAR AND COMPLICATED problem =(

Radammantis

really RAR AND COMPLICATED problem =(

Post by Radammantis »

Hello people, in first place, my english is bad, i'll try to explain my problem.
Mi PC:
Video: ati 4850
Procesor: core 2 duo 8400.
memo: 2gb

So, my problem is, I log into ultima online ( this server or other =/ ), and y play really well for 60 seconds, and later starts to freeze, freeze A LOT, and later have a bif freeze ( xD ) and disconnect..
If i do ping from dos to server, havent packets lost, and in two times I reinstalled uo ( I reintall ALL al least 20 times -.- ) i dont have problems... for a couple of hours.
Isnt my conection becouse for dos i havent packet lost in ping.
Is some config, some soft problem... i really dont know, its so rare and happens with all shards

I hope you will help me, i played al games... lineage, wow, ragnarok... nothing like uo HELP ME PLZ !!!

Edit: thats happen with mondains legacy client... i was thinkin was a windows problem, but how i said, y play in two ocations ( god know why ) hours whitout this problem

orionsune
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: really RAR AND COMPLICATED problem =(

Post by orionsune »

you should look at programs that are running in the background. antivirus, firewall, anti-spam, anti-spyware, etc...

also look at the process list in task manager, if you see any suspicious program names, then search for that program name on google, the results will give you an idea if it is a legitimate program or not.

lastly... make sure you are using the latest graphic card drivers for your video card also use the latest drivers for your motherboard chipset.

thats all I can suggest without actually interacting with your machine.

Radammantis

Post by Radammantis »

Thanks but I run lineage 2 and world of warcraft witouth problems, isnt something of that.

This rare things always happens me -.-

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Try turning off the in-game music from within the client using <ALT>O to bring up options panel. It's on the first tab

orionsune
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by orionsune »

Just because it doesn't happen in other applications doesn't mean it is not a windows problem.

but i tried

Radammantis

Post by Radammantis »

i tryed turn off the music, but nothing... I reinstall win xp without format, and happens.. i'll install windows vista to try

orionsune
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by orionsune »

As long as I have been in the IT industry (13 years) I can safely say that re-installing Windows on top of an existing installation is useless unless you had to swap a motherboard and wanted to keep your old installation. I have never seen that method fix any problems, most of the time it just causes more problems.

If you want real results, burn, copy, save everything you want to keep and do a format & reinstall. That should be Microsoft's slogan... "Format Re-Install"

I do have one question... is there anything that you are doing, place you are at, object on the screen, that seem to be causing the problem? For example, does it happen when you run to the bank where their are several players standing around?

I have seen the option "Show names of approaching players" cause serious problems on slower machines. Although I see your machine is not slow, but just an idea.

I'm shooting in the dark here since I can't actually witness the problem.

Radammantis

Post by Radammantis »

When you shoot in the dark, sometimes you hit something :P, but isnt the case.
No, happens everywhere, not just bank.

Im goign to reinstal ( formatin ) before install vista ( hate vista -.- ), to see whats happen.

Keep shoting !!!!

Radammantis

Post by Radammantis »

Just dont function.... SHIT =(

I format and reinstall XP and VISTA, and the same problem... i said is incompatibility with hardware... but in 2 ocations work well for a time.... No idea :S...
just can play uo =( with mondains legacy is the same