Pledge to help newbies. JOIN ME

Topics related to Second Age
GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Pledge to help newbies. JOIN ME

Post by GuardianKnight »

I will start by pledging 100k to the NEW guild.

I'm sure they would greatly appreciate your pledges!
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Elph

Re: Pledge to help newbies. JOIN ME

Post by Elph »

If any new players are interested in learning a way to really make shitloads of gold, Regulators is recruiting IDOC watchers. We will coordinate searches and find IDOC housing, then secure the areas for looting. I sold one item from an IDOC for 1 million gold.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

If you want to help newbies, demolish your unused homes and trash-can 3/4 of your gold/items.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

MatronDeWinter wrote:If you want to help newbies, demolish your unused homes and trash-can 3/4 of your gold/items.
+ actually spend time with them. Take them out hunting. Help them gate the paladin they hired from Delucia to the NEW tower outside Skara. Give them advice on how best to raise skills, create their template, etc.

I actually think gold is the least helpful thing for newbies.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

I wasn't pledging gold to the noobs, i was pledging it to the guild so the guildmaster wouldn't have to continually spend his own money to keep it up.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

:idea:
Last edited by archaicsubrosa77 on Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

MatronDeWinter wrote:If you want to help newbies, demolish your unused homes and trash-can 3/4 of your gold/items.
:| Really. I think once you get tower status there is absolutely no reason to have anymore then a vendor and a remote macro/runehouse on top of that
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

Would be nice to see people voluntarily drop their houses down to two, three max, but it's a prisoner's dilemma and so few people will drop.

orevamp

Post by orevamp »

or at the very least If you find a noob who is ready for an L or a brick and u have one collecting dust transfer for deed. the small spots are not the problem those are everywhere. but one big problem is how many big houses are grandfathered and cant be replaced once dropped due to the last patch. I completely agree with pirul we have got to spend some time helping them understand the mechanics, we aren't all computer genius. I can say I wouldn't have lasted very long if I didnt have friends who have played for a decade to help simplify the game a bit.

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

DG and C^V have always been there helping out new players and now we all support NEW, also. There's still some good folk out there, don't worry. :D
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

Arsen
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Arsen »

ill donate magic armor and crap weps i got from pking.
[22:00:50] <@Dupre> arsen isnt raging, hes jsut german, it just sounds taht way
[22:00:58] <@Dupre> hes actually very calm and gentle
[22:03:54] <@Dupre> arsen is also the best player here

Cousteau Calypso

Post by Cousteau Calypso »

I got a buddy of mine from work to download and try UO:SA out. I showed him how to get around and interact with things. Gave him some money and showed him how to use the NPC and player vendors. He's gotten on and played a few times but was running around alone trying not to die as a newb. He's an old Doom and Quake player so he was doing ok but I dont always have the time to hop on and run around with him. When I'm on, I'm usually checking/setting up my macro or trying to gather materials. Otherwise trying to develop my character builds. One of the key aspects of the game that makes it what it is, is the player interaction. We need to run with them so they enjoy it more and will want to stay.
~Treasure Hunter, Bard, and Merchant~

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

If you all didn't wanna pledge gold, you coulda just said no thanks. You didn't need to find ways to publicly tell me you are all cheap skates.