Stat caps on pets, Skill Gains etc

Topics related to Second Age
archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Stat caps on pets, Skill Gains etc

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

So I was wondering if you raise a pets stats can you hinder their other stats similar to a player.

For Example you train Vet on your Dragon maybe on a character with 70 wrestling to get faster gains in tactics and can gauge its progress by successful hits. Let's say you do this to train several characters later as a hypothetical. Is it possible to gain so much in strength and dex that it will never be able to cast 7th circle because its intelligence won't be able to hit that mark?

Or lets say you do the same thing in trying to do that with magery in some awkward setup with boats or something in between guard zones coming in and out of line of sight every so often so to encourage higher circle casting...whatever still thinking but besides the point. Will Intelligence raise so to cap out dex and strength?

Other questions...are there passive gains in affiliated skills such as meditation, anatomy, evaluating intelligence etc. or are these non existent on pets and do they have a skill point cap? Too bad that system where you gain skills by observing used in some other places doesn't work on them, I'd be camping to no end :lol:
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Loathed

Re: Stat caps on pets, Skill Gains etc

Post by Loathed »

correct me if i'm wrong but I believe stat gain for pets wasn't introduced until they changed the animal lore skill (gave u a gump that had all the pet's stats) from what i've seen here everything that casts spells (tameable) can reach gm magery regardless, I'm sure they got gm other things before magery since magery took no doubt 3 or so days of non stop training. best bet if you don't want your pet casting 7th circle spells, just go get a new one. or use a pet that has no magery to begin with. Other than that- meditation seems to be a flat rate on pets. and the info i gathered on anat/eval for pets is that they don't apply to pets, basicallyl every six seconds your pet casts a spell (not sure but i maybe it's thru a spell that is created in its persons, i think kaivan spoke with me about this before) anyhow every 6 seconds spell cast, it's instant cast time, the only that thing checked is los, tiles to target, current mana.

a fast way to train magery on pets is to cast an ev pets natually attack (murderer status mobiles) You can also have em guard you whilst trapped between some kegs on your patio, summon ev outside, it'll attack you since they attack players and then all ur pets will proceed to attack, be sure to trigger their casting by hitting em all with a spell, massd curse works good.

hope this rambling helps

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Animal Lore changes only allowed you to *document* that their skills went up. They were always able to rise naturally. (something about dragons being not able to go into Wind, and then being able to, was pretty direct proof of this)

IIRC, pet skills could rise to 100.0. I forget what stats could rise to... either 100 or 125, I'm not certain what it was in this era (and, really, had no way of knowing). And of course, if a stat began above that 100 or 125 number, it would not go down, but could never rise either.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Okay thanks that makes sense so Pets only have strength and Dex then with no intel for mana pool I am guessing, but skill in magery if it can cast
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

Hey color me badd, but I like this question!
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Loathed

Post by Loathed »

pets have mana for sure- the stats themselfs just never go up. use eval int on a drake/dragon/wyrm and compare the messages- most definite they have mana.