Sheep Farms

Topics related to Second Age
ScoobyDoO

Sheep Farms

Post by ScoobyDoO »

I wanted to get one of these things going, from what i hear its a fast way on gertting your bandies together. But, how does this normally work? Just tame a bunch of sheep and lock them up in a house? Is there a macro that just goes down a line of sheep and cuts away? Any information would be appreciated. Oh and also, is this legal? This isnt AFK resource gathering is it? thx

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Sheep Farms

Post by Kaivan »

This falls under the rules of AFK resource gathering.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Jayrich

Post by Jayrich »

ok as someone who used to make a ton of bandages i will reveal my method.

go around to your local sheep pens and mark some runes. tame up all the sheep and take them to a safe location. imo the best way to do it is to take them to a nice quiet location within a town that has some sort of set boundaries so your sheep wont wander away.

then you should make a macro that spams use sheer and use the target by type and target a long haired sheep. then you can run around near all of your sheep and you will sheer them very quickly. the reason i tell you to leave your sheep in a open area and not say all locked onto one square in your home is this. there is some type of range check and if you have 50+ sheep on one tile they will not regrow their wool as fast. if they are all locked together in a small area it will take about 45minutes to 3 hours for all of the sheep to regrow their wool.

whereas if you let them roam a area they seem to regrow their hair in about 15-40 minutes.

now your probably wondering wont someone try to steal your sheep ? well use your mule to keep them tamed and run a tame random gray macro and use guards every once and awhile. your sheep will stay tamed so no one can kill them or they will be attacked by guards. then every once in awhile u can sheer your sheep and gate out your 200-300 wool at a time to be made into bandages.

using this method i could legally make around 15k bandages per day only harvesting the sheep about 3 times. if you have a friend or two that play different time zones and will help to keep your sheep tamed in your location and will regularly go out and tame more to add to your flock u can make way more. at one time i had about 200+ sheep hidden away within a town and only about 2 or 3 people ever even noticed them there.

im sure someone will say this is afk resource gathering but you only run the sheer sheep macro while attending the computer and you can use the tame random gray while you are playing your other accounts.

i believe this to be 100% legal.

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

Make sure to get a permit.

ScoobyDoO

Post by ScoobyDoO »

Jayrich wrote:ok as someone who used to make a ton of bandages i will reveal my method.

go around to your local sheep pens and mark some runes. tame up all the sheep and take them to a safe location. imo the best way to do it is to take them to a nice quiet location within a town that has some sort of set boundaries so your sheep wont wander away.

then you should make a macro that spams use sheer and use the target by type and target a long haired sheep. then you can run around near all of your sheep and you will sheer them very quickly. the reason i tell you to leave your sheep in a open area and not say all locked onto one square in your home is this. there is some type of range check and if you have 50+ sheep on one tile they will not regrow their wool as fast. if they are all locked together in a small area it will take about 45minutes to 3 hours for all of the sheep to regrow their wool.

whereas if you let them roam a area they seem to regrow their hair in about 15-40 minutes.

now your probably wondering wont someone try to steal your sheep ? well use your mule to keep them tamed and run a tame random gray macro and use guards every once and awhile. your sheep will stay tamed so no one can kill them or they will be attacked by guards. then every once in awhile u can sheer your sheep and gate out your 200-300 wool at a time to be made into bandages.

using this method i could legally make around 15k bandages per day only harvesting the sheep about 3 times. if you have a friend or two that play different time zones and will help to keep your sheep tamed in your location and will regularly go out and tame more to add to your flock u can make way more. at one time i had about 200+ sheep hidden away within a town and only about 2 or 3 people ever even noticed them there.

im sure someone will say this is afk resource gathering but you only run the sheer sheep macro while attending the computer and you can use the tame random gray while you are playing your other accounts.

i believe this to be 100% legal.
Wow. I appreciate you explaining that method, sounds legit, not to hard to do either. I was just gunna throw them in a middle of a house but I see what you mean by the wool idea. Prob be easier just throw them in some random building in some town that is not visited like you said. Thanks