Topics related to Second Age
nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Let's put our best foot forward...

Post by nightshark »

Eisley wrote:
Halbu wrote:
Elph wrote:Well, IPY players can return to a server that will be on its third "reboot", or come to UOSA, a server that has never had a server wipe in its several year history, and never will. The kinks are worked out here, the server is funded and stable, and the admins leave the players the fuck alone.

UOSA has one game breaking issue that other servers don't have, ridiculous desyncing every 10 seconds(while running) and having to hit a sync hotkey everytime it happens. This kinda crap really ruins pvp
Is this real or just this guy's problem?
you'll learn quickly to ignore halbu
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Ragancy
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ragancy »

Eisley wrote:
Halbu wrote:
Elph wrote:Well, IPY players can return to a server that will be on its third "reboot", or come to UOSA, a server that has never had a server wipe in its several year history, and never will. The kinks are worked out here, the server is funded and stable, and the admins leave the players the fuck alone.

UOSA has one game breaking issue that other servers don't have, ridiculous desyncing every 10 seconds(while running) and having to hit a sync hotkey everytime it happens. This kinda crap really ruins pvp
Is this real or just this guy's problem?
FWIW desyncing is definitely real, but affects some people more than others. I probably play on average 20-30 minutes a day and desync at least 4-5 times if I'm pvping. Seems that running a horse and doing combinations of other actions cause it as I don't notice it happen when I'm playing my stealther.

Matty
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Matty »

Hemperor wrote:Well who didn't see that coming?

As a side note, I've be very wary of an admin who keeps claiming money troubles on an extremely popular shard that gives out items for donations.

These shards are not supposed to be for profit (and if they are, be upfront about it) so I can't quite figure out how he could possibly be making a loss, but it's not my concern either... Just hopefully others keep it in mind.

edit: I may have misread/read too far into that first bit of his post, idk anything about IPY otherwise... My point still stands in general though for UO shards.
maybe this guy views it like if i were working @ x job doing the same duties i am here on IPY, i'd be making this much $... instead, i'm only making _______. ya know? that and/or he can't afford to pay staff enough to stay. idk i've never been to IPY i heard it takes a long time to build up chars, no mounts and dungeon safe spots. i'm sure it's a blast once you get a crew of good buddies but ehhhh i don't have the time and i know i sound biased here but this shard has to be better.

Matty
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Matty »

on de-synching: i've been noticing it more lately.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I think the desync is less of an issue on servers without mounts. But it happens on ALL runuo servers and it's cause is typically related to packet loss (ie: Halbu has a jittery connection).

CmaN

Post by CmaN »

I think it might actually be feasible to write a pretty hackish app to automatically resync the client if certain symptoms of a desync are present client side. Desync was one of the first problems I had here, but overtime the resync hotkey is just automatic for me.

Hackish application aside, I am sitting down to examine other options to alleviate this.

Griffeth

Post by Griffeth »

CmaN wrote:I think it might actually be feasible to write a pretty hackish app to automatically resync the client if certain symptoms of a desync are present client side. Desync was one of the first problems I had here, but overtime the resync hotkey is just automatic for me.

Hackish application aside, I am sitting down to examine other options to alleviate this.
I applaud your efforts!

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

CmaN is Derrick

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Freight Elevator

Post by Freight Elevator »

IPY is relaunching with a bunch of changes people have asked for for a very long time but the Admin was hesitant to implement, and others he was simply unable to do in the past...we'll see how it goes. I'll probably end up playing here and there for my UO fix.

I started here playing sporadically maybe 2 months ago and I've had a lot of fun. My hat is off to the guys working on the server because everything seems pretty well done.

Also - I have noticed the desync issue here and it does seem more frequent than the other servers I've played (all w/out mounts, maybe this has something to do with it?) and it certainly isn't game-breaking, but it is annoying as shit!
Lambo wrote: And seriously what kinda pvper ever has a character with parry they take out into the field...... really