What happened to the events? Derrick can we get them back?

Topics related to Second Age
Bicchus Dicchus

Re: What happened to the events? Derrick can we get them bac

Post by Bicchus Dicchus »

Trophies, trophies for EVERYONE!

As the OSI UO's economy taught us, the best way to devalue a percieved rare item is to saturate the market with it.

-Bicchus Dicchus

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hoots »

kill drizitz wrote:
Populus wrote:If events were to be brought back without any rewards at all, would they still be interesting for the people who want events back?
absolutely, its not the rewards so much as an organized, quick, and efficient system of events imo.
This is your stance... My guess is, many of the people, especially vets, who want events back is solely bc of silver. Just my opinion though.

Brules

Post by Brules »

Populus wrote:If events were to be brought back without any rewards at all, would they still be interesting for the people who want events back?
I believe they would be. CTF was fun regardless of outcome.

The 1v1 2v2 3v3 4v4 were fun as they let thos interested in PVP compete for bigest UOSA Epeen.

The bag ball and survival were fun and challenging.

Take away the reward and people will not farm them anymore, and they will be used as fully intended = artificial events for UOSA that require little staff intervention which works well with the low staff numbers that UOSA opperates on.

No risk, no reward, fun for those who choose to participate. Fix the issues that there were that were possibly being exploited and I think everyone would be happy with it.

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

I really don't see how unrewarded events would harm anyone.

I am sure some people only participated for silver but after speaking to some people, the vast majority (of those I spoke with) would love to participate in events for the simple pleasure of doing something fun in large groups.
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

Ohm
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ohm »

^^ Same here.. everyone i've talked to about events dont care about a reward
[22:31:51] <wintergate> Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

WOODY

Post by WOODY »

Bring back events

kill drizitz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by kill drizitz »

Hoots wrote:
kill drizitz wrote:
absolutely, its not the rewards so much as an organized, quick, and efficient system of events imo.
This is your stance... My guess is, many of the people, especially vets, who want events back is solely bc of silver. Just my opinion though.

while silver was fun when neons were obtainable and such, today, the reward system isnt much fun (this is a good thing). almost everything on tthe system you can get in game sometime throughout the year... cbd's at xmas few years back, black dye tubs back when, neons dyes being sold on vendors, same for name changes, etc etc. i think the way gifts are being done, is a great way of phasing out the reward system, and making older event reward less valuable. so, IF events get started again, the lack of rewards would not effect anyone, as the stuff you could get with the rewards is already obtainable some other way. there is still plenty of silver floating around right now that people will always be buying it, but not having to spend silver on rewards wont make vets only play events for the silver...

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Hoots wrote:This is your stance... My guess is, many of the people, especially vets, who want events back is solely bc of silver. Just my opinion though.
I doubt that people who aren't playing care about gold/silver in UO at all.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Boondock_Saint
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Boondock_Saint »

I would do ctf even if there was no silver.. it was just fun to shoot at people.
[quote="Downs"]All the cool kids saw your wizard tears. [/quote]

[21:32] <[Rose]> scurvy is the new chumbucket

Matty
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Matty »

1v1s, 2v2s, 3v3s, 4v4s and last man standing would be cool.

Bicchus Dicchus

Post by Bicchus Dicchus »

I would like an event that involves a snowball fight

And having two mongbats fight to the death, and we bet on the outcome!

-Bicchus Dicchus

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

I want an event where Mondain blows up the world or atleast the shard...and then everything goes from black to white and everyone is fine because we are all on Siege Perilous.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Xandorf

Post by Xandorf »

Brules wrote:

The 1v1 2v2 3v3 4v4 were fun as they let thos interested in PVP compete for bigest UOSA Epeen.

Take away the reward and people will not farm them anymore, and they will be used as fully intended = artificial events for UOSA that require little staff intervention which works well with the low staff numbers that UOSA opperates on.

No risk, no reward, fun for those who choose to participate. Fix the issues that there were that were possibly being exploited and I think everyone would be happy with it.
I agree with this post 100%

Bring back the events. But without rewards of any kind. The reward would be the fun of the event, and the flexing of our epeen!
Swill Bag wrote:no pics, it didnt happen. i know how you roll you prolly cheated with dp vanq weapons
OZZY'S & Old Navy's PvP Supply Shop
Company of the Vigilant C^V

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Xandorf wrote:
Brules wrote:

Bring back the events. But without rewards of any kind. The reward would be the fun of the event, and the flexing of our epeen!
They did this already.....IT degenerated into posts yelling for rewards. They then gave silver coins....then people nagged for more rewards. This cycle must stop!
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Xandorf

Post by Xandorf »

GuardianKnight wrote:
Xandorf wrote:
Brules wrote:

They did this already.....IT degenerated into posts yelling for rewards. They then gave silver coins....then people nagged for more rewards. This cycle must stop!
Well they need to be with those people the same way they was with us on the LOS issue. Adapt or move on.....
Swill Bag wrote:no pics, it didnt happen. i know how you roll you prolly cheated with dp vanq weapons
OZZY'S & Old Navy's PvP Supply Shop
Company of the Vigilant C^V