What do you remember from UO: Renaissance

Topics related to Second Age
Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: What do you remember from UO: Renaissance

Post by Blaise »

Haha, move to trash talk perhaps Rose?

I remember the housing and Trammel happening but I don't remember the combat changes. I'm an RP nerd so honestly, all this faction mumbo jumbo and combat changes that happened is beyond me. I remember having a small stone towner on The Isle of the Avatar (fire island), along the east side of the mountains. I hated the lack of leaves on the trees in Feluccia, but for the most part, it remained my home until I stopped playing on OSI.
Est Sularus oth Mithas

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

I wish to forget UO:R, because I quit UO because of that piece of crap "expansion".
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

UOR is a *colorful word here* and so is Telemon
Last edited by Kaivan on Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Language. Please read re-posted rules.
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

oh, I was talking about OSI, not Telamon's shard. I haven't tried that one, nor do I intend to.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Lambo
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Lambo »

xantier wrote:actually implementing combat changes of uor on t2a would be the best because there are only a few templates do a remarkable job in this shard and it annoys me. wrestling is useless, 2 handeds are used for only prehit, 2348972 sec healing. i think uor combat is the best.

Wrestling is useless?.................
Buying Charged Hallys/Bards
Buying +20 Power and above Hallys
Buying Reflect Items 30 Charges and above

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

nightshark wrote:Garriot sold Origin to EA in 1992.

I believe shard advertising/bashing is against the forum ToS.. just saying.
Yes sir, you are correct, EA acquired Origin System in 1992. My lack of knowledge on the matter is whats the problem here.

So I googled it. According to the wiki page on OSI, Garriot was still working for them long after he sold his company to EA, right up until early 2000, which is in line with the release of UO:R.

So what I should have said is.... EA really messed up UO after the creator left to pursue a new company called Destination Games. So essentially, UO:R is a Garriot free version of UO.

Also, nightshark, I think you would have made a TERRIBLE neighbor in Nazi Germany.

Edit: Son is right.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Glad I could help stamp out some ignorance. Congrats on getting this thread inevitably moved to trash talk.
Last edited by nightshark on Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

The most memorable thing from UOR? Twigs.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

nightshark wrote:Glad I could help stamp out some ignorance. Congrats on getting this thread inevitably moved to trash talk.
Keep it on Topic bro, sheesh.

I remember logging in one day after school and being surprised by the fact that I had to have my spell book equipped to drop a spell on any target. I also remember quitting UO that same afternoon....

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

That sounds rough. I never got that far, but man, that's a far cry from casting with a bow in your hands eh?

lol
Est Sularus oth Mithas

EnigmaMaitreya

Post by EnigmaMaitreya »

There were always 2 major groups of UO players from the very beginning. One group was very large in numbers the other group was very low in numbers.

Bank Sitters, PvMr's, Care Bears, Trammies etc were without dispute the largest group of UO subscribers.

It is hardly Origins fault that the vastly smaller group never learned how to control themselves for the betterment of the game (yes think dollars to keep the game going).

So bash Trammel all you want, you brought it into existence.

Now then it is certainly good to see that the smaller group has found a good home(s) to be with others of a like mind.

I don't mind you guys and I don't mind the Trammel people, It was the TWEENERS the ones that sat on both sides of the fence pretending there could be compromise between the two "Honest to themselves" groups. The TWEENERS represented the worst possible contributors to the continuation of the game.

Now then are there really no places to place a house larger than an 8x8, specificaly either the large brick or the large patio?

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

QQ more nerd UOR broke the sandbox
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Lambo
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Lambo »

UOR brought some cool things. Nothing will ever compare to the t2a era, the more modern gamer would most likely say different. But t2a just gives that feeling again. Factions was a great idea and they offered people to play around with viable pvp templates a bit more. .... and the log cabins were great. Other than that it sucked.

I would never really want to go back to it , or waste my time playing a UOR freeshard with less than 50 IPs on at any given time. Rock on.
Buying Charged Hallys/Bards
Buying +20 Power and above Hallys
Buying Reflect Items 30 Charges and above

The Radical Larry

Post by The Radical Larry »

UO:R was and is FOUL BUSINESS!

EVeee
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by EVeee »

Rose wrote:UO:R Was the beginning of the end of Ultima Online. By end, I mean the end of UO being a good game to play.

Although I am not sure of the exact time when Origin sold their game to EA, I'm sure it was right around the time of UO:R. UO:R is essentially an EA version of Ultima Online.

I believe that EA absolutely ruined UO and transformed it into a completely different game.

Also, FYI Telemons UO:R Shard is a piece of crap.

JUST SAYIN'
Rose-free Ultima is the best selling point for that other server I've seen so far.

JUST SAYIN