wtf

Topics related to Second Age
The Gods

wtf

Post by The Gods »

Ive started a second bard and this time around ive gained 2 skills points in 2 hours and my skill is only 27...something wrong here

Pirul

Re: wtf

Post by Pirul »

What's your music skill? Do you have a shorter pause after fails?
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

The Gods

Post by The Gods »

Pirul wrote:What's your music skill? Do you have a shorter pause after fails?
95 music and i dont think so...i know something is wrong 6 hours and 10 points in low 30's. Heres what my macro looks like

Use skill provocation
wait for target
absolute target
wait for target
exec: target self
pause 9 seconds

Freight Elevator

Post by Freight Elevator »

I had mine set as this when I first started a few days ago.

I found my problem was the 'wait for target' timeout was set to like 500 seconds, and under Razor options had my delay set to 600. It was causing the macro to get hung almost every time and waiting 500 seconds to actually complete it.

Since then I removed the 'wait for target' option and inserted a 1.1 second delay. I'm in the 80s after about 2 days of macroing, including getting exp pot bombed usually right after I look away from the macro (fuck you guys!).

Also change your delay from 600 to 1000 and save the razor profile. I think 600 may be the default.
Lambo wrote: And seriously what kinda pvper ever has a character with parry they take out into the field...... really

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

Remake with 50 provo
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Replied to your PM, but copying here for future reference:

Yeah, Provo is fluky like that.

Your macro should look something like:

Use skill provocation
wait for target
absolute target
wait for target
exec: target self
If sys message "fail"
pause 5s
else
pause 10s
end if (<- forgot this in my PM)

That worked for me best, since fails only have a 5 sec cool down, as opposed to 10 for successes

Also, you definitely want to change both your "wait for target" time outs to 1s, and your item delay to at least 1000ms.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

The Gods

Post by The Gods »

thanks everyone..i would make new provo but im at 80 cartography and 95 lockpicking already..would i be better to take my bard with peacemaking also to t hunts instead of using him for provo?

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

Nothing wrong with using him for t-maps and the occasional regular farming.

As for the macro, I changed the 'wait for target' to 1 second and just made the pause at the end 5 seconds.

If you succeed then the macro will just do a quick skip or two and reprovoke after 10 seconds passed.

Pirul's method is definitely more accurate but for the lazy ones, this one works fine.
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hoots »

The Gods wrote:thanks everyone..i would make new provo but im at 80 cartography and 95 lockpicking already..would i be better to take my bard with peacemaking also to t hunts instead of using him for provo?
What is your 7x build?

Mine is

Magery
Carto
Lockpick
Hiding
Med
Music
Provo

I've never been a peacemaking fan as the skill timer is too long for you to do anything other than escape.

Med isnt really needed in my above build but it is nice. If i dropped med it would probably be to add stealth. If you plan on solo-t hunting, i dont think peace-make helps bc of the cooldown. Maybe others more familiar with the skill could confirm/deny?

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

Drop hiding for wrestling
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS