Armor of Protection, charges

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Armor of Protection, charges

Post by Mikel123 »

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgr ... RT-jq6uI0J
Platemail Gorget / FORTIFICATION & PROTECTION (50 Charges)
I know there is some chance of an item like this spawning, but it's super-low. My hunch is it should be higher.

Additionally, I don't think protection items can spawn here with 50 charges, but sounds like the should.

From my research, it looks like up to 200 charges for Item ID, up to 20 charges for Teleport, 50 for weapons (??), and up to 100 charges for anything else (night eyes, etc).

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Armor of Protection, charges

Post by Kaivan »

We've only had minimal luck with determining exactly how the demo handles the creation of magic weapons and armor, so we can't really determine exactly how these types of items were created, although their existence is quite clear for a number of reasons. Once we have a better idea of how these items were created, we will be able to replicate their existence with some degree of accuracy (hopefully). Until then, any change we do would be shooting in the dark.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Armor of Protection, charges

Post by Mikel123 »

My own .02 is that I see this logic a lot in your responses: "We don't know for sure, so our hands are tied for now." If you're saying this because you don't want to waste time coding something twice (once with current info, once presumably in the future date when we have a complete understanding) then I guess it makes sense. Though I can't imagine most of the things I suggest here are really all that tough to alter.

There's 12 armor items listed on that page I link to, and 2 of them have charges (protection, reflect). I've found over 1000 magic armor items in the last month here, and 0 have charges. What are the odds that the rate of charges reflected in that post and from my sample on UOSA are the same? Math tells us it would be a step in the right direction to up the drop rate of items like this.

Likewise with weapon damage (viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42652) and dungeon chest loot (viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42608&). I have provided information that points towards something else being more likely than what we have here. Barring any other info, a change in those directions would be more accurate than the present code.