T2A Wiki

Moderator: Support Moderators

Kryptonical
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

T2A Wiki

Post by Kryptonical »

Hey I've been trying to read up as much as possible and have been trying to read everything I possibly can on the wiki site but have notice there is a lot of information that is just not there, some of the skills tell you how to raise it, some dont, 40% of the monsters have no information on them, etc etc. Now this is not a complaint that you guys are not doing a good job, actually I want to think of this as assistance, I know your busy doing a GREAT job at what you do here and the wiki is probably on the lower end of the priority list. what my suggestion is, is if this information is out there, in written format instead of just instill in your brain, maybe you could send me some of the information and I could take some of my time to input it into the wiki. Just trying to offer up my assistance I guess to complete the wiki page.

Derrick

Re: T2A Wiki

Post by Derrick »

Thanks for your intrest in this. 90% of the info on the wiki is from players.
Here's a great source for old stratics info:
http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://uo.stratics.com

This archive is used a lot, the main page doesn't come up, but the links on the left work:
http://web.archive.org/web/199910130013 ... index.html

Thanks!!!

Kryptonical
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kryptonical »

Derrick, thanks for the info. I'm looking at the way back stratics and its saying that the hunters guide is unavailable, is this the case on your end too? The new stratics page has the hunters guide information but I'm assuming its going to be different then this t2a era. Any other ways to locate this information?

Faust

Post by Faust »

The hunters guide will be unavailable at times. There are many links in there that react this way every so often. Wait a little while and it eventually comes up. It annoys the hell out of me very much when this happens.

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

I've been working on the Wiki the past few weeks when I have some spare time. I redid the entire Dungeon page and I'm slowly working through the creature pages.

Others should participate too :)
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

venox

Post by venox »

what happened to the contents page?
i had it sorted with categories and then sub categories, and now all that is gone?

Kryptonical
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kryptonical »

Ok got the hunters guide up and running and am going to do my business on the wiki today. I am just going to go down the list and start inputting any information i have on the hunters guide from this era. If I come across some discrepencies what would you like me to do? I noticed on my first one the Air Elemental that on the wiki it currently says the loot is 170 to 250 gold plus some scrolls chance of gem or low level magical items, now on the hunters guide it shows that the loot is 400-500 gold, scrolls, and potions. should I just input everything that is on the osi hunters guide and write down the differences I come across then shoot them over to you to make sure that the correct information on the hunters guide is what is in game? (I'm not sure what air elementals actually give in game if its 170-250gp or 400-500gp...if in fact its only 170-250 then wouldnt it make sense to make it accurate to the 400-500gp?

Faust

Post by Faust »

I would suggest going with what the Stratics '99 web site says. The code for the NPC revamp was completed by me several weeks ago. The current NPC's are very incorrect at the moment, and they will be added soon as Derrick is able to merge the files.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

A lot of ingame reseach by players has gone into what is currently on the Wiki, I wouldn't change the existing creatures on there.

Notes on what is different would be useful, but as Faust said, we do have a loots overhaul in the queue

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

Derrick wrote: Notes on what is different would be useful, but as Faust said, we do have a loots overhaul in the queue
With that said, should I stop updating the creature listings until this overhaul takes place (how soon do you think this is going to come into effect? I wouldn't want to finish the creatures and then have to re-do them :D .. I'll just wait it out for now)
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Kryptonical
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kryptonical »

I added a few of the more useless creatures that nobody bothered to look at (who knows maybe some one will look at it) I also added some of the t2a creatures that had no information on them. I dont have enough time at the moment to campare EVERY creature that son the wiki to whats on stratics, as far as loot goes and what not, but I did compile a list of the higher end monsters that people farm. I was unable to do a comparison on the some of the t2a creatures cause previously there was no information on the wiki.
Now I tried to upload it as a word doc but it wont be allow, it would be easier to view that way but here is the posted table, you could prolly still figure it out.

Wiki 99 stratics
Air Elemental 170-250gp, 2 scrolls, chance of gem (or magic) 400-500gp, scrolls, potions
Ancient Wyrm 3500-5000gold, 10 magic items, 5-8 gems, 20 hides

1100 to 1300 gold, Magic Items, 20 Hides (carved)
Lich Lord 600-900 gold, 1 Gnarled Staff, spell scrolls, 1 blackmoor reagent, chance of gems (2-4), chance of magical items.
400 to 700 gold, Magic items, Gems, Scrolls, Blackmoor reagent
Balron Magic Broadsword, 900-1400 gold, spell scrolls, chance of magical items, chance of gems. 800 to 1200 gold, Magic items, Scrolls, Reagents, Level 5 treasure maps,
Blood Elemental 600-800 gold, spell scrolls, chance of magical items, chance of gems 500 to 1000 gold, Magic items, Gems, Scrolls, Vials of Blood reagent
Daemon 550-750 gold, spell scrolls, chance of random gem, chance of magical item 150 to 600 gold, Magic items, Gems, Scrolls, Level 4 treasure maps

Return to “New Player Help”