House key trick

Topics related to Second Age
HoneyBadger

House key trick

Post by HoneyBadger »

So what am I missing about the keyring on the door trick? Only you and your co-owners can take the key off the ring and use it to unlock the door? And I have house keys but where do you get the keyring?

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: House key trick

Post by Mikel123 »

You can buy the key ring from a tinker.

Only owners/co-owners can use locked down items. No need to take it off, just double-click the key, click the door to unlock, open the door, double-click the key, click the door to re-lock, and head on in and close the door. Easy to make a macro for this (pause 1000 ms between each action) and just walk on in while you unlock, open, re-lock, and shut the door behind you.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

That's the general idea. Stack it high enough so you can lock it down and then all friends of the house can get in your door. Just like they did in T2A....

Really this is a bug relating to locked down item usage AND the location check on the event when an item is locked down:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42669&p=366159#p366159

All items should be usable by anyone. There was no system of allowing only "friends" or "coowners" to access one chest or eat food or use a key.

HoneyBadger

Post by HoneyBadger »

Ok cool sounds good. Thanks for the answers! I love my tiny little house on ice island!

Pac

Post by Pac »

It's NEA. Anyone should be able to use locked down items. This needs to be changed in an upcoming patch.