need help as dexer

Topics related to Second Age
PimP DaD

need help as dexer

Post by PimP DaD »

I'm having a bitch of a time as a fencer Dexer landing a killing blow. As soon as my enemy gets low they run off and heal. I usually get stuck on a tree or whatever while chasing and they get away and heal up.

I'm using purple potions but so far I have been fairly innefective with them. Do I throw these as soon as the timer hits one second? Should I make it easier and have a macro that has a delay and then throws or do it manually?

What about lightning wands?

What about that mod that makes all the trees stumps so I don't constantly get
stuck?

Advice pls

Kabal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: need help as dexer

Post by Kabal »

Try to stay in areas that are more confined as a dexxer such as deciet or Wind.
Derrick wrote: . . .get real please.
"F**k that Morpheus, I'm takin' em both!" -Kabal
*pm me with questions about lasers*

Tiwstacain

Post by Tiwstacain »

lightning wand is great, also purple pots are super effective, and the distance matters to when u throw it for the timer.

TC

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

I tried very hard to set up a purple potion timer macro, against the advice of some of the vets at the time. I could never get it to work, for whatever reason. After a short amount of practice, I could hit my mark doing it manually most of the time.

Lightning wands can probably do a bit more damage since you can use them every second or so, versus every 3-4 seconds for purples, but your enemy can just stop and cast spells and probably get a Recall off if they time it well (or are lucky) since you don't have macing and you'll never hit them with the wand when they stop. At least with purples, if they stop to Recall, you still have your weapon equipped and can possibly get there and have a 50/50 shot of hitting them to disrupt (or 100% if they have no wrestling, which is often the case).

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

Mikel123 wrote:I tried very hard to set up a purple potion timer macro, against the advice of some of the vets at the time. I could never get it to work, for whatever reason. After a short amount of practice, I could hit my mark doing it manually most of the time.
Throw them manually and throw them often. Especially as a dexer, I'll start as soon as I get someone to 40%
Lightning wands can probably do a bit more damage since you can use them every second or so, versus every 3-4 seconds for purples, but your enemy can just stop and cast spells and probably get a Recall off if they time it well (or are lucky) since you don't have macing and you'll never hit them with the wand when they stop. At least with purples, if they stop to Recall, you still have your weapon equipped and can possibly get there and have a 50/50 shot of hitting them to disrupt (or 100% if they have no wrestling, which is often the case).
This is exactly right. I won't field a dexer with anything less than a 15 vanq, and there's no way in hell I'm dropping it to start swinging a wand around - even if I have gm mace it just makes no sense. Close as much distance as you can and stay on them with purples until they have to roll the dice and stop to heal. 50% you'll disrupt or get the kill.
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.

Kabal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kabal »

Lightning wands are retarded, I have never died to anyone using a lightning wand. They might have been useful before the action delay went up.

trammie

Post by trammie »

I see people say +15 vanq and +10 vanq what do these numbers mean i thought a vanq was vanq and thats that

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

trammie wrote:I see people say +15 vanq and +10 vanq what do these numbers mean i thought a vanq was vanq and thats that
Some magic weapons will have a tactics modifier that can increase damage in addition to the damage modifier (ruin, might, etc). For example, a weapon that is accurate will give you +5 tactics. So an accurate broadsword of vanq would be colloquially referred to as a +5 vanq.
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.

PimP DaD

Post by PimP DaD »

does anyone roll with a 2-hander as their main weapon with any success? Ive been using one handed exclusively so i can chug potions, and throw purples.

Kabal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kabal »

You can throw purples with a 2 hander

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

PimP DaD wrote:does anyone roll with a 2-hander as their main weapon with any success? Ive been using one handed exclusively so i can chug potions, and throw purples.
I'll switch off and on depending on the situation. If I've got someone on the run I'll take the opportunity to throw on a vanq axe before I start throwing purples. Also, I've killed a handful of people with a double hit from a 2 handed weap. A friend was messing around and attacked me while I was holding a vanq bardy not too long ago. I double hit him to 1% from full.

jimm1432

Post by jimm1432 »

Malaikat wrote:
PimP DaD wrote:does anyone roll with a 2-hander as their main weapon with any success? Ive been using one handed exclusively so i can chug potions, and throw purples.
I'll switch off and on depending on the situation. If I've got someone on the run I'll take the opportunity to throw on a vanq axe before I start throwing purples. Also, I've killed a handful of people with a double hit from a 2 handed weap. A friend was messing around and attacked me while I was holding a vanq bardy not too long ago. I double hit him to 1% from full.
a double hit from my GM qstaff on my theif the other day pwnd the guy attacking me 100hp-12hp in one hit. very funny and pure lucky when i was on the run.