Reds on this server..

Topics related to Second Age
Lambo
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Reds on this server..

Post by Lambo »

I see in no way how rolling a group of 5 would be fun at all.

I dont pk because

1) I prefer spending my time to competively pvp not chasing people who dont want to fight
2) I dont need your loot gold is easy to make there is no point in wasting my time gating out your bag of regs
3) I'm not 13 anymore I have a soul

You can say it trammelish blah blah blah , but fact is there was a lot less pks on osi because of obvious reasons and skill gain was harder w/o razor. This is also not osi its a freeshard and we live and die on a fickle population while getting pkd every now and then is part of the game and can be exhilerating for both parties. We do need to be a LITTLE sensitive to not greifing people to the extent they get frustrated and quit.

The problem is you will run into the same people over and over, thus killing them over and over. I usually play from 11pm eastern to 2-3 am eastern. I can almost tell you who is going to be in what dungeons farming what. If I pkd I would constantly be killing the same people.

Also new players need to realize "pking" is not competitive pvp and thats the only view they have of pvp thus when they grow up what are they gonna go ? Get 5 friends and gank the shit out of people farming.

Just my 2 cents im not partial to either side, there has to be a good balance of pks and anti pks for server health.
Buying Charged Hallys/Bards
Buying +20 Power and above Hallys
Buying Reflect Items 30 Charges and above

EVeee
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by EVeee »

Lambo wrote:I see in no way how rolling a group of 5 would be fun at all.

I dont pk because

1) I prefer spending my time to competively pvp not chasing people who dont want to fight
2) I dont need your loot gold is easy to make there is no point in wasting my time gating out your bag of regs
3) I'm not 13 anymore I have a soul

You can say it trammelish blah blah blah , but fact is there was a lot less pks on osi because of obvious reasons and skill gain was harder w/o razor. This is also not osi its a freeshard and we live and die on a fickle population while getting pkd every now and then is part of the game and can be exhilerating for both parties. We do need to be a LITTLE sensitive to not greifing people to the extent they get frustrated and quit.

The problem is you will run into the same people over and over, thus killing them over and over. I usually play from 11pm eastern to 2-3 am eastern. I can almost tell you who is going to be in what dungeons farming what. If I pkd I would constantly be killing the same people.

Also new players need to realize "pking" is not competitive pvp and thats the only view they have of pvp thus when they grow up what are they gonna go ? Get 5 friends and gank the shit out of people farming.

Just my 2 cents im not partial to either side, there has to be a good balance of pks and anti pks for server health.
Ehh... they don't even know why they gank. For sport? No. There's no challenge in a three or more man gank. For loot? No. There are pk towers with bags of loot stacked around for days not being used or sold, just sitting there. For the sake of some sense of creating a righteous balance in the game? No. Gank squads are not necessary for keeping PvMers in line. Gank squads were actually very rare in era - one soild PK handled most farmers just fine. For server health? No. They'll gank people into oblivion night after night and then come on the forum and tell them not to let the door hit them in the ass when they post about quitting.

They'll claim it's for safety's sake - just in case they run into another gank squad - but that's just a half-assed psuedo excuse, which UO players are quite good at conjuring up. A lot of people shoot off lines about learning to recall when someone complains about ganks... if recalling away is [supposed to be] so easy for PvMers, then it should be just as easy for PKs who found themselves outnumbered. I'll tell you what - there are two kinds of people who gank. Those who are stuck in a mindless habit, running on auto-pilot and repeating the same empty routine over and over night after night without ever taking a second to contemplate how agonizingly meaningless it is. And those who get enjoyment from feeling like they screwed somebody irl, which is why it doesn't bother them that there's no challenge and only irrelevant loot as a reward. They still get what they want out of it; a mean little kid's jollies. Unfortunately a lot of people never grow out of it until they quit the game altogether. And nothing you can say or do will change them. Still, you have options.

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play. How about a nice game of chess? ~Joshua, WarGames (1983)

The robbed that smiles steals something from the thief,
He robs himself that spends a bootless grief. ~the Duke of Venice, Othello Act I, Scene III

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em ~Quentin Reynolds, The Wounded Don't Cry

smart86

Post by smart86 »

I understand how those of you who don't even have a GM mage feel. However, if you have a GM mage and are getting
pk'ed constantly (with scrolls the GM part is negligible), you are doing something wrong. I have a dexer that doesn't even have magery, he gets out alive at least 90% of the time(don't care to keep track thoroughly so exact percentage may be off a little up or down). You just need to get creative. Something is definitely wrong with the red activity here though with the proper tactics they will always just be a nuisance and not the rain on your parade.

New to the server and need some tips? PMs welcome.

Xandorf

Post by Xandorf »

My answer to gank squads....

Get a bigger gank squad.
Swill Bag wrote:no pics, it didnt happen. i know how you roll you prolly cheated with dp vanq weapons
OZZY'S & Old Navy's PvP Supply Shop
Company of the Vigilant C^V

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

Xandorf wrote:My answer to gank squads....

Get a bigger gank squad.
DG and C^V used to do that back in the day. They'd just roll with 12 people. It'd be funny when the reds like panthor and felix and those guys would all work together just so they could take down the pack. Fun times.
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro