UOSA Rares Guide

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Downs

Re: UOSA Rares Guide

Post by Downs »

randale wrote:I also don't understand that code for use with razor macros, that's not how it looks in my macro window.
open your macro in a word processor in that's what it will look like
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

randale

Post by randale »

Pirul wrote:Then Sir, what you are looking at is not a rare, or you need stealing to get it. If it is in plain view, then it is a static object, a part of UO's landscape. If it's inside a chest, barrel or crate, then you need to use the stealing skill to get it. By your description, I'd assume you're dealing with a static.

Yes it is a static object on a table, just I can't even attempt to take it (to see if it rubber-band)

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

randale wrote:
Pirul wrote:Then Sir, what you are looking at is not a rare, or you need stealing to get it. If it is in plain view, then it is a static object, a part of UO's landscape. If it's inside a chest, barrel or crate, then you need to use the stealing skill to get it. By your description, I'd assume you're dealing with a static.

Yes it is a static object on a table, just I can't even attempt to take it (to see if it rubber-band)
Is it by any chance a bloody bowl in the Ogre Lord room in Wrong?

As a rule of thumb you might want to ctrl + shift and see if you get an item bar. If you don't, it's a static and won't even move as it is imbedded in the "landscape", and does not even exist as an item in the game (for lack of a better explanation). If you can ctrl + shift it but still not pick it up, then it is an deco item and will rubberband back to place (like the whip also in Wrong).
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Fender
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Fender »

What would a "rares hunter" template look like?

Maybe . . .
Magery
Meditation
Wrestling
Hiding
Stealth
Stealing
Lockpicking ???

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Alcibiades_HAY wrote:Since AFK Reagent Buying is legal, so is AFK Rare Camping.
Since AFK reagent buying is now illegal, is AFK rare camping as well?

Bee

Post by Bee »

Why would it be? It's not resource gathering. If your going to make this illegal, you better make un intended macros illegal all together.
No more skill building un attended.

Mikel123 wrote:
Alcibiades_HAY wrote:Since AFK Reagent Buying is legal, so is AFK Rare Camping.
Since AFK reagent buying is now illegal, is AFK rare camping as well?

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Bee wrote:Why would it be? It's not resource gathering. If your going to make this illegal, you better make un intended macros illegal all together.
No more skill building un attended.
*sigh*

Of course it is resource-gathering. You start with 0 of something, you're AFK, and you end up with X of it, where X > 0. That is the definition of resource gathering, is it not?

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Mikel, admin have a stance for this, and it is that it is legal.

AFK reg buying is also legal, the only illegal thing is afk SELLING to vendors.

The reasoning behind afk rare gathering being legal is that the items as such are not resources and have no real in game value, the value is given to them by other players. If the other players really don't want to buy any more bloody bandages, then you are afk gathering something that will not net you anything as you cannot go sell them to vendors.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

Unfortunately, Pirul is correct about the AFK Rare Gathering...at least that was the word the last time Derrick commented on it.

There's a thread about this: AFK Rare Gathering...
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Hmmm... I responded to Pirul this morning but looks like it got lost in the maintenance.

I thought I was doing a good job over the last 1-2 years keeping up with all that was going on here, but apparently not.

The line Kaivan has drawn is certainly a clear one from a conceptual sense (with the exception of beads, lockpicks, and a few other spawning rares that "do something" or can be sold to vendors).

On the other hand, just because you can draw a straight line, doesn't mean it's better than a slightly curvy line in a better place.

Having been absent from the game for 1.5 years, I'm really disappointed to see the degree to which Razor has infected the shard at this point. From my perspective, it happened overnight, and it's pretty stark. There's definitely two games being played, and if you're not playing the UOSA: Razor Coding Competition, you'll simply lose, most every time, to those that do. In some aspects of the game at least.

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

Mikel123 wrote:There's definitely two games being played, and if you're not playing the UOSA: Razor Coding Competition, you'll simply lose, most every time, to those that do. In some aspects of the game at least.
I was as guilty as anyone in trying to "keep up with the Jones'" in the "UOSA: Razor Coding Competition"....but it just sucked the fun out of the game. I've since become quite the advocate AGAINST the automation of everything in this game. There shouldn't, in effect, be a reward for NOT actually playing the game. Unfortunately, that's pretty much the state of things now. :(

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

Dirty Pot - Minoc Spawned

Blade Spirit

Post by Blade Spirit »

Check this video, a tour of level 1 rares (1-4 days runebook).

https://youtu.be/DoowilwZFow

Video available from march 14th 2023