Using terrain to block house

Topics related to Second Age
Mikanele

Using terrain to block house

Post by Mikanele »

There is a tower at entrance to hythloth that uses bushes and forges so they can recall in and no one can get to him I was going to see if I could teleport around the stuff but had to log.

Is there any other spots like this I just started looking for them after I found this.

FishinPro

Re: Using terrain to block house

Post by FishinPro »

Mikanele wrote:There is a tower at entrance to hythloth that uses bushes and forges so they can recall in and no one can get to him I was going to see if I could teleport around the stuff but had to log.

Is there any other spots like this I just started looking for them after I found this.

Whatchu talkin' bout Willis?!?!
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=55362
^ What??? Another person got "treasureman'd" by cavewight?
Grats Cave on scamming another friend just for some petty wealth and getting away with it.

Come JOIN the -1 CLUB!

Join the KILL CAVE event!!

Mikanele

Post by Mikanele »

Go to Hythlth entrance and see the tower just to the east. There is no way to get into that persons tower unless you like used a boat to get to the front door or could teleport. I was wondering if there are other spots where you can use trees or bushes to block people from entering your house yet still freely recall home and not have some crazy amount of stuff blocking your front door.

Vhyx

Post by Vhyx »

That Hythloth tower is pretty unique, for a couple of reasons.

First, awhile back there were some changes to house placement rules. Under the refined rules, it wouldn't be possible to place in that spot if that tower fell. Wouldn't be able to satisfy the "five tile space in front of steps" rule.

Second, after a recent patch, you can no longer teleport into the grass between the plants that block off the stairs.

Third, the owner is a strapping young lad that has a heart of gold. I don't think he'd ever harm anyone or anything. He's told me several times how traumatizing it was for him the few times he had to defend his UO persona with violence.

Hythloth Tower for Sale. Contact Boondock_Saint via PMs because it's his and not mine. Azheman will broker the deal, naked.

Boondock_Saint
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Boondock_Saint »

Vhyx wrote:That Hythloth tower is pretty unique, for a couple of reasons.

First, awhile back there were some changes to house placement rules. Under the refined rules, it wouldn't be possible to place in that spot if that tower fell. Wouldn't be able to satisfy the "five tile space in front of steps" rule.

Second, after a recent patch, you can no longer teleport into the grass between the plants that block off the stairs.

Third, the owner is a strapping young lad that has a heart of gold. I don't think he'd ever harm anyone or anything. He's told me several times how traumatizing it was for him the few times he had to defend his UO persona with violence.
All of this.
[quote="Downs"]All the cool kids saw your wizard tears. [/quote]

[21:32] <[Rose]> scurvy is the new chumbucket