5 v 5 v 5 v 5 Field PVP Event! (Event Cancelled)

Post your player run event here.
Forum rules
Please make the topic as descriptive and concise as possible. If your event has not been changed to sticky or announce and you would like it to be, please contact a staff member. Announced events, which show up on our main website Must include the event date in the topic title.
Jason-

5 v 5 v 5 v 5 Field PVP Event! (Event Cancelled)

Post by Jason- »

If the interest is present the following event will occur:

-Four teams of five compete for 750k.
-Winner takes all

Participating teams will be dumped in 4 corners in an area that I will choose and fight to the death. The area hasn't been selected yet, but current areas include Yew Forest, Yew vendor areas, Dungeon Wrong's mountain pass, Ice Dungeon (main land) Entrance area, mYm town, and other considerable areas in the mainland.

I'm looking to find an area on the map that does not exceed a 6 1/2 screen circumference.

Rules:

Participants will not be on horses
Participants will not go out of the boundries (review of boundries will be thorough prior to start of event)
Each participant can res once
Gm weapons/armor only (provided by me) 15 of each pot will be the maximum one can carry (provided, but you can also loot off the other team)
Participants are required to join a guild (to make sure everyone is warred etc.)
Team colors will be provided (blue,red,green,yellow)

If a participant is caught leaving the area, that single participant is disqualified (will be ganked by my guild guarding the boundry lines)
Referee's will be spectating on horses (to ensure compliance and make sure no one is ressing more than once etc.)

Post here if you are interested. Event will occur on september 7th or 8th. Need people to post here to ensure turn out.

Edit: Event Cancelled due to lack of interest.
Last edited by Jason- on Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Jason-

Re: 5 v 5 v 5 v 5 Field PVP Event!

Post by Jason- »

Also, I will distribute participants accordingly if team slots aren't filled. For example, a team of 4 applies that is really good at pvp (none of you are, but this is just an example) then to fill that extra slot, that team will get a newb. So try and fill the slots yourselves if you want 750k.
Last edited by Jason- on Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jason-

Post by Jason- »

bump

Jason-

Post by Jason- »

Changed the prize in order to increase interest...

Bump

the bazookas
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by the bazookas »

If it's Sep. 8th, I'd be in (and possibly a couple of my bazooka brethren).
Most people like us, or at least they like what we do. Regardless, we appreciate all our victims, and we hope that their encounter with us is a memorable one.
-a machine gun, a bazooka, and a grenade
... a not-for-profit organization (usually)

Jason-

Post by Jason- »

I understand this is last minute vacation time, but 29 views in a 24 hour time period (in which I visited this thread 7 times give or take) really shows a lack of interest. If I don't get 100 views by 9:00pm Eastern today, I'm going to can the event.

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

The concept sounds great, but really trying to keep people in a 6.5 screen area is going to be nigh on impossible without people to watch the borders. Now if per se, you hosted this in a castle and each 'team' got 1/4 of the castle, that might work out. No mounts though. ;)
Est Sularus oth Mithas

Jason-

Post by Jason- »

Blaise wrote:The concept sounds great, but really trying to keep people in a 6.5 screen area is going to be nigh on impossible without people to watch the borders. Now if per se, you hosted this in a castle and each 'team' got 1/4 of the castle, that might work out. No mounts though. ;)

I have individuals watching the borders. I also have areas in mind that fall under the guidelines of a peninsula in order to help create the borders. Therefore, the 5 individuals with me only have to keep an eye out for 1 particular section.

Thank you for your concern and post.

Kabal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kabal »

This event sounds easily griefable, but fun.
Derrick wrote: . . .get real please.
"F**k that Morpheus, I'm takin' em both!" -Kabal
*pm me with questions about lasers*

Jason-

Re: 5 v 5 v 5 v 5 Field PVP Event! (Event Cancelled)

Post by Jason- »

Kabal wrote:This event sounds easily griefable, but fun.
Yeah, it's certainly griefable, but nothing that couldn't have been handled.

However, the event is cancelled due to lack of interest.

PVP population on the server is dead.

[Uhh] Eo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by [Uhh] Eo »

hey Jason-, I would like to An Corp this idea with you. It is similar to something I've been thinking of for a while anyway and sounds a lot of fun. With the right planning this idea is definitely possible.
Hit me up on IRC: BobMarley
nightshark wrote:Can PINK BOOTS ever be killed? Many think he's invulnerable, including myself.
SirPsychoSexy wrote:Being PKed awhile back on my bard by PINK BOOTS was one of the greatest honors I've had during my time here on UOSA.

malice-tg
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by malice-tg »

Jason- wrote:If the interest is present the following event will occur:

-Four teams of five compete for 750k.
-Winner takes all

Participating teams will be dumped in 4 corners in an area that I will choose and fight to the death. The area hasn't been selected yet, but current areas include Yew Forest, Yew vendor areas, Dungeon Wrong's mountain pass, Ice Dungeon (main land) Entrance area, mYm town, and other considerable areas in the mainland.

I'm looking to find an area on the map that does not exceed a 6 1/2 screen circumference.

Rules:

Participants will not be on horses
Participants will not go out of the boundries (review of boundries will be thorough prior to start of event)
Each participant can res once
Gm weapons/armor only (provided by me) 15 of each pot will be the maximum one can carry (provided, but you can also loot off the other team)
Participants are required to join a guild (to make sure everyone is warred etc.)
Team colors will be provided (blue,red,green,yellow)

If a participant is caught leaving the area, that single participant is disqualified (will be ganked by my guild guarding the boundry lines)
Referee's will be spectating on horses (to ensure compliance and make sure no one is ressing more than once etc.)

Post here if you are interested. Event will occur on september 7th or 8th. Need people to post here to ensure turn out.

Edit: Event Cancelled due to lack of interest.
I don't see the point of a rule such as no horses in a field event / guild tag.
I would join this event with TG on horses and with our tag we can war all the stones.

Return to “Player Run Events”