The Implementation Beta

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
AngelXdv

The Implementation Beta

Post by AngelXdv »

Yeah,I know it didn't make out of the beta and I know it wasn't in 1999 but still,as we are like 600 playing and I think we can be careful wouldn't it be great to have the Ecosistem of The beta?
At least on a parallel server.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultima_Onl ... ife_Engine

mrbojangles
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: The Implementation Beta

Post by mrbojangles »

That was unintentionally griefed/exploited to ruin by people with little game mechanic knowledge. Can you imagine what would happen on this server of professional assholes and powergamers?

There wouldn't be a single spawning creature on the entire server, except in castle courtyards, veteran players would rent out farming slots to the unfortunate at usurious rates. And quickly enough even those spawns would be destroyed. Britannia would be a barren wasteland within a half hour of the patch going live... sounds pretty awesome.

Also, our "600" players have proven to be able to consume as much or more resources than production shards did in the era, largely due to hoarding and market speculation.

Cynicism aside, it is a very cool idea, and would have been awesome had they been able to get it to work properly.
Omar Little(irc) / Mr Bojangles / Bowie / Snake Plisken / Martin Van Buren / Dirty Ore

Visit the The Yew Gate Shop for everything you need.

Kordavox

Re: The Implementation Beta

Post by Kordavox »