ROLEPLAYERS ONLY DESERVE TOWN/FORTS!

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Galm(kB)

ROLEPLAYERS ONLY DESERVE TOWN/FORTS!

Post by Galm(kB) »

I was looking at all the towns/objects that were built for guilds such as wolf pack...K*A and such, and i was curious why do they have them ! I honestly think they are a bad part of this shard and only roleplaying guilds deserve them.

Just saying the guilds who should deserve these are orcs, undead, pirates, YEW and brigands..whom work hard to follow strict guidelines. My point is to balance the economy on this shard and make there a balance of everyone...it should be fun and this shard is a good example of what could be a perfect uo shard..SO NEW players dont see a group of pvpers..i.e (such as divinity whom most know turned into)
Last edited by Galm(kB) on Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

venox

Re: ROLEPLAYERS ONLY DESERVE TOWN/FORTS!

Post by venox »

towns are about creating a community. if none role players achieve that then why not. pk/role player or otherwise...

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

K*A used to be huge roleplayers when I started here, the really gay kind that no one liked.

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Xukluk Tuguznal

Post by Xukluk Tuguznal »

All the structures you see are adding benefit to the shard. Vendor Malls/Rune Libraries etc.. People put plenty of time into getting things set up. Why shouldn't they be able to reap the benefits of that work?
Tforc YM wrote: if you are over 24 though do not apply because i dont like nerdy people who dont get there lifes past uo. also if you do not have a microphone or vent then i can not make you into a good player, sorry , dont apply.

Galm(kB)

Post by Galm(kB) »

vendor malls and rune libs can still be a part of the shard. re read the post please.

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hoots »

I think the basis of your post is off.

You use the word deserve... I can understand saying you dont think player built stuff should be part of the shard...

But once it is why would one group deserve it over another? Do you think Derrick and company keep some RP% on people to determine who is roleplaying enough to "deserve" player built items? How would they do this?

Hoots, Roleplaying, 56.6, 51.2. +.06

Galm(kB)

Post by Galm(kB) »

on many shards there is a set gm who looks after the roleplaying part of the server and oversees who is real an who is fake, and it isnt really hard to figure out from a fake rp guild from a real one.

Dreadnaught

Post by Dreadnaught »

Galm(kB) wrote:I was looking at all the towns/objects that were built for guilds such as wolf pack...K*A and such, and i was curious why do they have them ! I honestly think they are a bad part of this shard and only roleplaying guilds deserve them.

Just saying the guilds who should deserve these are orcs, undead, pirates, YEW and brigands..whom work hard to follow strict guidelines. My point is to balance the economy on this shard and make there a balance of everyone...it should be fun and this shard is a good example of what could be a perfect uo shard..SO NEW players dont see a group of pvpers..i.e (such as divinity whom most know turned into)
If someone does the work it takes ,then they deserve it. There is a lot more that goes into this then you think. The town has to be big enough, and it has to be beneficial to the shard. Then the town is looked at by gm's and they say what can be done. Then, a tremendous amount of work has to be done by the guildmembers. Its takes a TON of ore, not ingots, but ORE, and wood, and other raw materials which are very boring to farm to build these objects. They serve only to help the shard, they add a sense of realism to the game, by allowing there to not only be large cities, but smaller quiet towns in the game, just as would have been in medevil times.

Xukluk Tuguznal

Post by Xukluk Tuguznal »

Galm(kB) wrote:vendor malls and rune libs can still be a part of the shard. re read the post please.
I was speaking of the work aspect. Plus these towns are just another place for rpers to venture to for some interactive fun. Specially considering Bloodrock is full of reds and aside from the pirates which are just starting up. We're probably the only rping guild here. It gives us cities to raid where innocent/murderer status doesn't matter.
Tforc YM wrote: if you are over 24 though do not apply because i dont like nerdy people who dont get there lifes past uo. also if you do not have a microphone or vent then i can not make you into a good player, sorry , dont apply.

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Typically, in the true T2A period there were blessed buildings. While I am no expert, I can say not all were focused around roleplaying.

On the great lakes shard...

1. Bloodrock Orc fort. Roleplayers. Had walls, camp fire, etc.
2. Sandlewood Box Inn. Partially roleplay but mainly just a tavern/shop. Not convinced this one was blessed, just a finely decorated two story house in the jungle.
3. Red Devils Auction House. Not roleplay at all, simply an auction house. Had an 'auction stage' at the top of the tower. Had a stable out front.

What these places did have in common was that the players behind them put tons of work into their establishment for a long time prior to it being blessed. Red Devil, for instance, didn't go to the GM's and say "can you bless me a tower so I can do auction?". Instead, he ran auctions for at least a year, probably longer using his own decorations and systems. Eventually the seers/GM's decided he had created a unique area and blessed it.

On a player shard such as this I think everyone wants their guild to have a blessed place. I know I worked/petitioned to get the Bloodrock a fort. The trick is determining who should get one and who shouldn't.

Deserve? Wrong word. Roleplay? Def not a requirement. The main questions that should be asked are:

What will this establishment/location do for the shard?
How many people can make use of this location?
How much effort has this group and/or player put into his establishment prior to trying to get it blessed?
How active is this establishment?
Did the person ask for it to be blessed?
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

Jaster

Post by Jaster »

To say only RPers deserve player run towns is nonsense. What is kB roleplaying as and why do you all deserve a town? ... Or are you just like most of the other guilds that want to have a unique place that their guild can be recognized for having and you came up with a common theme or reason as a guild and built on it?