Ice Island Poloar Bears

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Dreadnaught

Ice Island Poloar Bears

Post by Dreadnaught »

Descided to try taming today. But when I got to ice island there was 3 polar bears total on it and 2 of them were tame. Is this a bug or somthing? I remember back in the day ice had so many poloar bears you couldnt take a step without running into one.

Derrick

Re: Ice Island Poloar Bears

Post by Derrick »

The animals on ice island are part of a pool spawn, and spawns like this are subject to causing spawn extictions when a particular creature is overfarmed. Pools spawns here work the same as they did on OSI, but the difference is in that most of the creature killing on Ice island is targeting polar bears. If other creatures were farmed on the island as well the spawn would look more normal.

Dreadnaught

Post by Dreadnaught »

Derrick wrote:The animals on ice island are part of a pool spawn, and spawns like this are subject to causing spawn extictions when a particular creature is overfarmed. Pools spawns here work the same as they did on OSI, but the difference is in that most of the creature killing on Ice island is targeting polar bears. If other creatures were farmed on the island as well the spawn would look more normal.
Thank you for clearing this up.

Dreadnaught

Post by Dreadnaught »

My new concern is, is this the best system? Its already extreamly hard to work animal taming, and there are a lot of people working it. Its been several hours and there are still no polar bears on ice island.

Xarx

Post by Xarx »

Server doesn't need any more tamers.

I never once saw a single tamer in t2a with 10 dragons running around.

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

Ice island isn't the only way to get good taming gains. Mainland forests are filled with creatures worth taming from 50 skill
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

All that would need to be done is for people to kill off the other spawn. I believe that having this accurate spawn system is very worthwhile as it affects many other things in game as well such as the frequency of spawning mounts in the lost lands, the system creates a natural difficulty level in things that are overdone in particular areas, it's very authentic to a lot of the original game concept ideas, as well as the OSI spawn system itself.

Dreadnaught

Post by Dreadnaught »

Problem solved :)

HamburgerPimp

Post by HamburgerPimp »

I remember just recently going to Lost Lands desert and not seeing anything worthwhile, no efreets, no higher tameables, nothing. Just a ton of bull frogs. So I started killing all the bull frogs and low and behold..... other things started spawning.