hi to all

Topics related to Second Age
Kraden The Kreator

hi to all

Post by Kraden The Kreator »

hi, i'm new.
i play 7 years to venus, a pol server.
i need some help.
how to start here? i need money, what is the best way?

fishing?
mining?
tailoring?
bowcrafth?
pvm?

thanks to all...

rwuser

Re: hi to all

Post by rwuser »

*sigh* this is the exact reason why forums and IRC are a bad idea...

This is not real life, its a game; try to enjoy the damned experience, its not like your moving to a different country to make a living or something; LOL.

OTHERWISE: YOU ARE VERY WELCOME TO THE SHARD :D

Kraden The Kreator

Post by Kraden The Kreator »

rwuser wrote:*sigh* this is the exact reason why forums and IRC are a bad idea...

This is not real life, its a game; try to enjoy the damned experience, its not like your moving to a different country to make a living or something; LOL.

OTHERWISE: YOU ARE VERY WELCOME TO THE SHARD :D
thanks to welcome.
i'm 25 years old, and i haven't much time to play, can you help me please? thanks

rwuser

Post by rwuser »

Nope, you can do that on your own; its a game: Right? :D

Enjoy

flanker42
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by flanker42 »

Ignore rwuser. I've found that the safest and easiest way to start making money when starting from scratch is to make a character with 50 fletching. Lumberjack for wood, make bows, sell to vendors. Safe and decent cash flow to get you started.

Rykker

Post by Rykker »

flanker42 wrote:Ignore rwuser. I've found that the safest and easiest way to start making money when starting from scratch is to make a character with 50 fletching. Lumberjack for wood, make bows, sell to vendors. Safe and decent cash flow to get you started.
I can also attest to this. You can save up enough money for a small house using this method in no time.

eZmoDe

Post by eZmoDe »

Mining. Sell ingots while building a Provo toon.

Edit: 25? Another youngster huh? I've noticed that the majority of this server are round that age. So, why play in a ERA didn't actually play? You were 11. This ERA is for us old school foggies ;)
Last edited by eZmoDe on Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rouss

Post by rouss »

lumber/fletcher selling bows to npcs while building a second character, a bard.
Chesapeake Nov. 1998 — July 2000
Second Age Feb. 2009 —

Apoc

Post by Apoc »

hey hit me up in irc #S3X channel Apoc we help newcomers etc

Corbin

Post by Corbin »

eZmoDe wrote:Edit: 25? Another youngster huh? I've noticed that the majority of this server are round that age. So, why play in a ERA didn't actually play? You were 11. This ERA is for us old school foggies ;)
For the same reason that North Korea is Best Korea! Dur. :P
Pacific (98-02) - Mystic of FL
Catskills (03-08) - Roo Avery of VIT, T^B
UOSA - Amos Trask/Roo Avery of WTC

eZmoDe

Post by eZmoDe »

Corbin wrote:
eZmoDe wrote:Edit: 25? Another youngster huh? I've noticed that the majority of this server are round that age. So, why play in a ERA didn't actually play? You were 11. This ERA is for us old school foggies ;)
For the same reason that North Korea is Best Korea! Dur. :P

Uh huh. One of the reasons why a group of 6 of us came over here in Feb, was to escape Gen Y gamers. I know this will get flack but any Gen X or Pre will tell you that we are a more honorable class of gamer compared to Gens after. We were hoping this would be majority old school folks like us, so it is discouraging.

Along with that, plus some huge inaccuracies we have noticed. The bulk pop thinks Magetanks were king of this ERA but that is a falsity. Mage tanks were the pvp spec that the average joe could master, but it was not king. Item decay/drops prevent the true dominant spec from rising. We have tested it and all agree, and believe it's because of what we refer to as the Warcraft Factor.

Cater to the population, not the individual. The population is average, the individual is elite. They think if they made it difficult for the average joes, it would hurt their funding. This ERA was not Mage tank cookie cutter party, and IDOC camping, but this server is. It is bland. One of my partners in crime is testing one last thing out, and if it bunks he is hitting the door, and our exodus will commence. We were very excited when we first found this place. =/ More of the same.

Corbin

Post by Corbin »

eZmoDe wrote:Uh huh. One of the reasons why a group of 6 of us came over here in Feb, was to escape Gen Y gamers. I know this will get flack but any Gen X or Pre will tell you that we are a more honorable class of gamer compared to Gens after. We were hoping this would be majority old school folks like us, so it is discouraging.

Along with that, plus some huge inaccuracies we have noticed. The bulk pop thinks Magetanks were king of this ERA but that is a falsity. Mage tanks were the pvp spec that the average joe could master, but it was not king. Item decay/drops prevent the true dominant spec from rising. We have tested it and all agree, and believe it's because of what we refer to as the Warcraft Factor.

Cater to the population, not the individual. The population is average, the individual is elite. They think if they made it difficult for the average joes, it would hurt their funding. This ERA was not Mage tank cookie cutter party, and IDOC camping, but this server is. It is bland. One of my partners in crime is testing one last thing out, and if it bunks he is hitting the door, and our exodus will commence. We were very excited when we first found this place. =/ More of the same.
There are some sad realities you must face if you want to actually have fun here or on any old UO shard.

1. The game has changed regardless of mechanics. T2A was an era of discovery. UO was still pretty much brand new and all the players were still in the process of learning how the game worked. Now we have guides for everything and knowledge of how everything works. We've been to all the dungeons, killed all the creatures and mastered all the skills. We'd all love to relive the nostalgia, but the fact is that no matter what we do to make the game accurate, unless the Men In Black come around with their little memory wiping stick, we will never again feel that newness.

2. If not for the Millennials (Gen Y/Z), the game would be practically dead. Most people our age who were around in T2A are long gone with families and careers to tend to. However, that's not saying that we don't have a large crowd of older people here playing as well. In fact, I'm willing to bet a lot more people than you think who play here are people who were around in T2A. But why would we not want to share this awesome era of an awesome game with the younger people? It'll make them appreciate gaming a lot more.

3. Pretty much everyone from the era had a tankmage after playing for a bit as it was the most effective fighting character. Sure, people ran around with other types, but it all goes back to that "age of discovery" thing I was talking about where people simply didn't know better back then. Now it's simply common knowledge that this is the most effective playstyle in UO and people do it because they don't want to be left in the dust.

4. The problem is also players. Where are the RP guilds? Where are the anti-pk guilds? Where are the people who played and didn't even have any sort of fighting class? People have grown up and have different goals and interests. People want to pvp more and Trammel less. You can only own so many pixels so many times before it starts getting boring. What are you doing yourself to help emulate a dead era?

The short of it is, if you don't like it here, then don't play here. It's really that simple. Whining on a forum isn't going to change anything or anyone, especially in the way you're going about doing it. Derrick and Co. are doing a better job emulating old UO than anyone else out there. Sure, there are some things like the drop timers that needed to be changed for stabilities sake, but how else would you have it? From there, it's the players jobs to decide what direction the shard moves in. If you want change, it starts with yourself. Start playing the way you believe the game was played before and if others agree, they may follow suit.
Pacific (98-02) - Mystic of FL
Catskills (03-08) - Roo Avery of VIT, T^B
UOSA - Amos Trask/Roo Avery of WTC

Calador

Post by Calador »

I agree with Corbin 100%. This is a well run shard that offers 99.9% of what was on offer 'back in the day' when we were all clueless.

However the sad fact is that like most UO servers the population isn't what it was on OSI and it is unlikely to ever be that way which means diversity can sometimes be lacking despite the best efforts of the people I have encountered so far on the forums [Chum and Bazooka's etc] and in game. This is however an active server with an awesome community and that is about the best you can possibly hope for with this game I think.

I am very grateful to Derrick and the team for giving us what we have here, there isn't anything I have found that comes close to this. The only thing that would ever make me consider leaving is an era accurate based UO:R with both facets.

Hope to see you stay Ezmode. If not then safe travels to you and I hope you find what you seek.

Cal.
'Calador fell instantly to an onslaught of halberd and energy bolts from fully grown, nude men who spoke as children and wore masks crafted from the heads of deer.'

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

Macro a bard for 2 days.

Mine at delucia while waiting for bard.
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS