Things from other eras you wish were in T2A.

Topics related to Second Age
smart86

Things from other eras you wish were in T2A.

Post by smart86 »

I wish lumberjacking increased damage with axes.

fox_phyre
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Things from other eras you wish were in T2A.

Post by fox_phyre »

Shotguns and indoor plumbing
Visit my shop in Yew! First house west of Yew Moongate, always stocked!
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=64975

Kabal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kabal »

Lag
Derrick wrote: . . .get real please.
"F**k that Morpheus, I'm takin' em both!" -Kabal
*pm me with questions about lasers*

rouss

Post by rouss »

Stun, disarm, nox, heal, parry, scribe/pure mages. Actually, i'd kill to play on Renaissance shard with felucca only.
Chesapeake Nov. 1998 — July 2000
Second Age Feb. 2009 —

smart86

Post by smart86 »

rouss wrote:Stun, disarm, nox, heal, parry, scribe/pure mages. Actually, i'd kill to play on Renaissance shard with felucca only.
Yeah that'd be sweet. Haven't seen any good Renaissance shards.

Braden
UOSA Policy Enforcer
UOSA Policy Enforcer

Post by Braden »

Ninjas!
<Layt> note to self (and others)
<Layt> do not magic arrow braden
<Zebulone> He has inf reflect
<Layt> more like reflect and amplify
<Layt> it was a death sequence unlike any other i had ever seen

Endecent

Post by Endecent »

Factions

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

Notoriety system

Old Chaos/Order system requiring highest level of notoriety

Removal of decimal gains

Old dungeon maps, pre-themed

Removal of hued ores and addition of 20+ colored armor only purchasable from NPC vendors
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

LKP

Post by LKP »

Pretty much nothing. That's why I play T2A. Pretty much every change since then has been a bad one.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for having a wide variety of viable templates to make the game more interesting. But the way OSI made more templates viable required drastic changes that were always negative on the whole, and without them, you can't just pick and choose things. Some examples from this post:

Lumberjacking damage bonus - axers were generally thought to be overpowered after this change. The only thing that really countered it well was updated reactive armor, so you'd need to modernize reactive armor too. Of course, that would also hurt all the other melee fighters who don't do as much damage as axers, so updated reactive armor would be overpowered. And that's not even taking into account that the LJ damage bonus never coexisted with the ability to poison two-handed weapons, let alone two-handed dragon's breath weapons! Ha!

Stun punch - Every tactic up until Renaissance had a counter. Paralyze had trapped pouches, or wands, or poison, or as a last ditch you could even dismount and let your own horse hit you. Big spells had disruption. Summons had dispel. Dragons could be paralyzed. Weapons could miss or be parried, and the wielder poisoned and forced to disarm to cast or drink a potion. Stun punch... had nothing. It (along with the identical fencing version) was the first unblockable move in UO history. Therefore it's cheap by definition and has no place in an otherwise skill-driven combat system.

Poisoning bonus to magery - obviously pointless if you can continue to heal through poison. And if you change how poison works, you change everything.

Custom housing (hasn't come up yet, but it's bound to if this thread goes on long enough) - some people have made some extremely beautiful, cohesive and creative designs. Most have made some hideous boxes that are as ugly as anything Todd McFarlane could come up with. All created an extreme degree of lag with entirely too many objects to download.

I don't mean to knock anybody's ideas; the bottom line is I just don't think adding anything game-changing like these ideas would make the game more enjoyable.

I guess I wouldn't mind adding convenience things like the updated crafting menus. We already have the lower Publish 14 reagent costs. Things like champion spawns might give us a little bit more to do. But I like this shard because it's era-accurate.

smart86

Post by smart86 »

Braden wrote:Ninjas!
I played with ninjas for a while and they are actually a lot more fun than you'd think. *turns into wolf, hides and walks without having to wait 10 seconds per stealth*
LKP wrote: Lumberjacking damage bonus - axers were generally thought to be overpowered after this change. The only thing that really countered it well was updated reactive armor, so you'd need to modernize reactive armor too. Of course, that would also hurt all the other melee fighters who don't do as much damage as axers, so updated reactive armor would be overpowered. And that's not even taking into account that the LJ damage bonus never coexisted with the ability to poison two-handed weapons, let alone two-handed dragon's breath weapons! Ha!
If axes were given just enough bonus to at least be on par with dexxers I would be happy.

rouss

Post by rouss »

RoadKill wrote: Old dungeon maps, pre-themed
huh?
Second Age Feb. 2009 —

rouss

Post by rouss »

LKP wrote:Pretty much nothing. That's why I play T2A. Pretty much every change since then has been a bad one.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for having a wide variety of viable templates to make the game more interesting. But the way OSI made more templates viable required drastic changes that were always negative on the whole, and without them, you can't just pick and choose things. Some examples from this post:

Lumberjacking damage bonus - axers were generally thought to be overpowered after this change. The only thing that really countered it well was updated reactive armor, so you'd need to modernize reactive armor too. Of course, that would also hurt all the other melee fighters who don't do as much damage as axers, so updated reactive armor would be overpowered. And that's not even taking into account that the LJ damage bonus never coexisted with the ability to poison two-handed weapons, let alone two-handed dragon's breath weapons! Ha!

Stun punch - Every tactic up until Renaissance had a counter. Paralyze had trapped pouches, or wands, or poison, or as a last ditch you could even dismount and let your own horse hit you. Big spells had disruption. Summons had dispel. Dragons could be paralyzed. Weapons could miss or be parried, and the wielder poisoned and forced to disarm to cast or drink a potion. Stun punch... had nothing. It (along with the identical fencing version) was the first unblockable move in UO history. Therefore it's cheap by definition and has no place in an otherwise skill-driven combat system.

Poisoning bonus to magery - obviously pointless if you can continue to heal through poison. And if you change how poison works, you change everything.

Custom housing (hasn't come up yet, but it's bound to if this thread goes on long enough) - some people have made some extremely beautiful, cohesive and creative designs. Most have made some hideous boxes that are as ugly as anything Todd McFarlane could come up with. All created an extreme degree of lag with entirely too many objects to download.

I don't mean to knock anybody's ideas; the bottom line is I just don't think adding anything game-changing like these ideas would make the game more enjoyable.

I guess I wouldn't mind adding convenience things like the updated crafting menus. We already have the lower Publish 14 reagent costs. Things like champion spawns might give us a little bit more to do. But I like this shard because it's era-accurate.
This. Renaissance turned PvP into rock-paper-scissors game where your template would beat another template, and so forth; but man, it had its allure. It wasn't that bad, it was just different, a breath of fresh air. But yes, incorporating these things would need a drastic change in pretty much every system. Either way, its not gonna happen, we're just speculating here, right? :)
Second Age Feb. 2009 —

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Schroom room in Deceit.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

smart86

Post by smart86 »

rouss wrote: Either way, its not gonna happen, we're just speculating here, right? :)
Its just a wish list, none of it would change. I would definitely try out an era accurate Renaissance though.

jackshephard
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by jackshephard »

smart86 wrote:I wish lumberjacking increased damage with axes.
agreed

also not as old crafting menu !
Dharma Standard Company; Namaste
All Resources Gathered Legally