Guerrilla

Re: YO DERRICK WIPE IT BRO!!!

Post by Guerrilla »

Halleluyah
<DemonArkanis> hopefully ill go to hell and not have to listen to your bullshit

ariok

Post by ariok »

lol Guerilla. yYea i loved that one too.
<FishTaco> Blizz forums are the absolute worst place to find help
<chainsoar> yeah because they're full of people who think WoW is a good game

rouss

Post by rouss »

Just a thought: what if we tie game account to you mobile number? Like, after the first login you recieve text message with your activation code. This way we could limit the number of accounts per person.
Chesapeake Nov. 1998 — July 2000
Second Age Feb. 2009 —

rwuser

Post by rwuser »

Rouss, if they really wanted to limit you to 1 account per person; they have many options, like the one you mentioned.

They could also use a credit card (not charge it of course) for id as well; there are many options for that approach, they just don't want to do it.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

The issue taken here with limiting to one account per person is that then you limit an entire household... There have been couples here in the past, and once you allow couples, siblings, whatever, it becomes impossible to regulate.

If you want one account per person, you have to limit 1 to connection per IP and this would affect and leave some people out.

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

ultra
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by ultra »

Hemperor wrote:The issue taken here with limiting to one account per person is that then you limit an entire household... There have been couples here in the past, and once you allow couples, siblings, whatever, it becomes impossible to regulate.

If you want one account per person, you have to limit 1 to connection per IP and this would affect and leave some people out.
^

rwuser

Post by rwuser »

To re-iterate credit cards would be an effective way of counteracting that, as well as phone's (if they are bill-pay) because all these are locked to particular person's real identity.

Hemperor, unique id's like these exist already in the world outside of the game and can be used, but just arn't.

I can understand why, because the problem with asserting control over things can lead to more instances (person dependent of course). Not to mention staying under the radar is of utmost importance... (But sometimes I wonder, is it really that way? Dunno...)

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

rwuser wrote:To re-iterate credit cards would be an effective way of counteracting that, as well as phone's (if they are bill-pay) because all these are locked to particular person's real identity.

Hemperor, unique id's like these exist already in the world outside of the game and can be used, but just arn't.

I can understand why, because the problem with asserting control over things can lead to more instances (person dependent of course). Not to mention staying under the radar is of utmost importance... (But sometimes I wonder, is it really that way? Dunno...)
You can't actually, truly limit people to 1 account through credit cards and the like. How many of us have multiple CCs? I could easily get my buddy to register an account on his phone one night for me. Really, this would just limit the fair players and leave the door wide open for the new set of "exploiters".

The only real, true, fair way of limiting to 1 account per is through 1 connection/account per IP.

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

ultra
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by ultra »

Creating a system or purchasing one, that ID players by Phone Numbers and Credit Cards is very expensive.

EVeee
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by EVeee »

The debate about account limits has gone on for years and happened on every free shard I've ever played on. No matter what you think is the right way to do it, even if you built your own free shard and created your ideal scenario, before long people would be arguing that it should be the other way. You can't please everybody. Me, I'm happy with the way UOSA accounts work now. And in any case, server wipe = server death so I don't guess the account limit is going to change.

rouss

Post by rouss »

Hemperor wrote:
The only real, true, fair way of limiting to 1 account per is through 1 connection/account per IP.
and yet you can use proxy/vpn to bypass this limit.
Chesapeake Nov. 1998 — July 2000
Second Age Feb. 2009 —

Guerrilla

Post by Guerrilla »

In reality, the whole "i just want everybody to get an equal start" arguement, is a non factor, especially when you take into consideration that everybody did start equally here.... if you didn't know about the server when it opened, how can you call that an unfair start, just because you weren't here in 08 doesn't mean that the server needs to be wiped, nor does it mean that you had some kind of disadvantage. You had just as much a privledge to play here as anybody else did in 08. But since you were ill informed, and still playing a UOgamers shard in 08, don't come to UOSA talking about how we owe you something. Just my 2 cents.
Halleluyah

Kabal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kabal »

For me its just that when the shard first started it was a lot easier to get gold and move around the world. I personally remember dropping an EV in a room in hythloth, watching the EV race towards an enemy faster than a silver serpent and when I come back to the room everything is dead and I just grab the gold and recall. With a bard that can cast EV I was clearing out Hythloth in minutes.
Derrick wrote: . . .get real please.
"F**k that Morpheus, I'm takin' em both!" -Kabal
*pm me with questions about lasers*

Guerrilla

Post by Guerrilla »

under the current mechanics, thats just not feasible there have been many changes and patches since then, perhaps you should take a glance at the patchnotes. Then commence to retracting your last post please. Thank you .
Halleluyah

Kabal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kabal »

Energy Vortexes used to be a lot more aggressive.
Derrick wrote: . . .get real please.
"F**k that Morpheus, I'm takin' em both!" -Kabal
*pm me with questions about lasers*