How are there so many millionaires?

Moderator: Support Moderators

Rykker

How are there so many millionaires?

Post by Rykker »

I occasionally see people say balance at the bank, and have seen several with well over a million gold in the bank.

I recall maybe 1 person when I played on OSI having this much.

How does it seem so common here? What's the trick? Having a GM tamer with dragons and farming high end mobs?

I know the various ways to make money... but even when I started farming high end mobs, I can't image how long it would take to get over 1 million gold... although I don't have 3-4 dragons/drakes helping me

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: How are there so many millionaires?

Post by Mikel123 »

Have friends who leave the game for a while and give you their stuff.

Also, rare-hunting seems to be exceedingly profitable here, and is a lot easier with Razor than it was in 1999. Though why the "rares" fetch such large prices, I'm not sure.

Use a complex system of macros and screenshots and illegal programs to time IDOCs, then get a bunch of friends to fight people off from them and get all of the stuff when the house falls.

Farming is one way to do it, and can be pretty good in terms of hourly rate, but some of the above methods can earn you more gold.

Of course, the one thing that most of these methods have in common is that they take a lot of time. And we have a good supply of people here who are willing to spend a LOT of time within this game.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Mikel123 wrote:Of course, the one thing that most of these methods have in common is that they take a lot of time. And we have a good supply of people here who are willing to spend a LOT of time within this game.
This is the most impostant part. As far as "creating" gold, there are only 2 ways to do it: farming and selling stuff to NPCs. The rest is transferring gold between players.

Some people are quite efficient farmers, and have spent their wealth in plaver vendors, silver, rares, etc. The NPC sellers can also make a pretty penny, unfortunately many do this afk, which effectively creates wealth while afk. This, however, is illegal and discouraged.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

faber

Post by faber »

I think that the average millionaire on UOSA has a few million, not necessarily tens of millions. For example, I think when most people bid 2-3 million on an item, they might take a decent hit to their total wealth. However, there are the rare few--at least in my opinion and experience--that can afford to spend a few million and still have a lot left over i.e. Telamon. [Note: I'm not flaming Telamon. I'm simply acknowledging the fact that he has a lot of wealth.]

I would also like to add that other free shards have huge inflation and gold problems because of the ability to buy gold for real life money. One of the best policies on UOSA is that you cannot buy items from the staff. If this were to take place, your initial concern with "How can I ever make upwards of a million gold?" would be compounded to near impossibility.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

This shard has been around a longer than OSI was in 1999. People are more knowledgeable about the game, have far more developed characters and there are far less people competing for the gold.

The only gold sinks in the game really are decaying houses and reagants. So a lot of gold just gets pushed around.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Stuck
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Stuck »

nightshark wrote:This shard has been around a longer than OSI was in 1999. People are more knowledgeable about the game, have far more developed characters and there are far less people competing for the gold.
This.

Return to “New Player Help”