Fastest way to make money

Moderator: Support Moderators

Jill Stihl
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Fastest way to make money

Post by Jill Stihl »

NPCs pay 1gp for a board AFAIK.

Turning them into bows first yields around 4.5gp per board. It seems the better option unless I'm missing something?

the bazookas
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by the bazookas »

I believe you can sell the boards to Players for 2-3 gold per (2.5gp seems to be a number I see come up frequently on the forums). So, if it takes you less time to hoard 2x as many boards than it does to carve them up and sell them, this might be a better way to go. Never done it myself, so I couldn't say.

However, the 11k / hour thing-- probably dependent on your lumberjacking skill being high (not 50, like his almost certainly is). All-in-all, if he had a good system going of getting the bows to the vendors (and had high lumberjacking), he'd probably make about the same as selling the boards. Of course, he wouldn't have to worry about posting on the forum, meeting up with somebody, transferring, etc. (although it's good to get experience doing that too).

If you DO sell the boards, technically, the best way to sell the boards is to put them on a vendor in your house. If you do it in person, you will probably want to transfer them 400-500 at a time (so they don't drop on the ground for the person you are trading to). You should never accept more than ~10k gold in any trade (assuming your pack isn't full) or it could drop on the ground b/c you are carrying too much weight. If you can, trade for house deeds (43.8k each I think) because they are blessed and can't be stolen or lost when you die (as long as they are in the top level of your backpack)
Most people like us, or at least they like what we do. Regardless, we appreciate all our victims, and we hope that their encounter with us is a memorable one.
-a machine gun, a bazooka, and a grenade
... a not-for-profit organization (usually)

Venom

Post by Venom »

I ment to turn them into bows... But selling boards does work

Venom : Bard - Mage - S3X
Venomous : Rogue - Fighter - S3X

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

Jill Stihl wrote:Lumberjacking/Bowcraft around Skara Brae will pull about 3k per hour in a very safe way. There are about six vendors there that buy bows and plenty of trees within the guardzone. A 50 Lumber 50 Bowcraft newbie character can start earning straight away with no skill training.

It's not mega money but it paid for my first house/boat/few characters.
^ i support this tested method for a safe way also yew is another good town similar as it has a very close static moongate
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

Lao Tzume

Post by Lao Tzume »

Silly question but I am having a hell of a time finding fletchers tools. Where do i buy them? I've tried the tinker, the carpenter, the bowyer with no luck.

the bazookas
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by the bazookas »

I believe any bladed weapon can be used--your newbie dagger, for example.
Most people like us, or at least they like what we do. Regardless, we appreciate all our victims, and we hope that their encounter with us is a memorable one.
-a machine gun, a bazooka, and a grenade
... a not-for-profit organization (usually)

Lao Tzume

Post by Lao Tzume »

To make a bow? I thought blades weapons turn wood to kindling.

Jill Stihl
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Jill Stihl »

Lao Tzume wrote:To make a bow? I thought blades weapons turn wood to kindling.
Targeting a tree with a blade will produce kindling, but if you target boards/logs you are given a choice of kindling/shafts/various bows (depending on bowcraft skill level).

Edit - Worth noting also that bowcraft also doesn't wear out tools, I've made thousands of bows with the same newbie dagger.
Last edited by Jill Stihl on Wed May 23, 2012 11:44 am, edited 3 times in total.

Calador

Post by Calador »

Lao Tzume wrote:To make a bow? I thought blades weapons turn wood to kindling.
I thought this as well but if you double click the dagger and then target the boards/logs it gives you the menu to make shafts, kindling or bows.

As your skill increases I think you get other options like xbows.

Be VERY careful and make sure you don't click incorrectly.
'Calador fell instantly to an onslaught of halberd and energy bolts from fully grown, nude men who spoke as children and wore masks crafted from the heads of deer.'

Lao Tzume

Post by Lao Tzume »

You know what it probably was...

What lvl do you have to have in
bowcrafting to make bows? Mine was like....10.
That may be why I didn't see bow.

Jill Stihl
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Jill Stihl »

30 to make a bow. Shafts should show up at 0 skill though.

http://wiki.uosecondage.com/Bowcraft

Calador

Post by Calador »

Lao Tzume wrote:You know what it probably was...

What lvl do you have to have in
bowcrafting to make bows? Mine was like....10.
That may be why I didn't see bow.
That would do it as Jill said.
'Calador fell instantly to an onslaught of halberd and energy bolts from fully grown, nude men who spoke as children and wore masks crafted from the heads of deer.'