Wis Quas

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
ultra
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Wis Quas

Post by ultra »

Derrick wrote:My post above is inaccurate to current mechanics. Reveal does not check skills on Second Age: I was looking at AOS code when I checked this and made the post back in 2010.

I will be fixing the range on this soon. Thanks for the Bump ultra.
No problem. Thanks Derrick! =)

Matty
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Matty »

corr] wrote:
romm221b wrote:
corr] wrote:On UOSA the reveal spell seems to work on an extremely large area. Is this the way it was? I tried looking at stratics with the archive.org site but I can't find anything regarding the range of the reveal spell. Based on memory alone I would say it is too much.
Its not to big and its directionally based. If you reveal infront of you and hes behind you, it usually won't reveal him enless you reveal right on yourself.

Generally when I reveal in the center of a patio or tower, it'll catch people near the walls. The radius has got to be at least 5 tiles.
i'll tell you one thing, it wasn't a two tile radius. this patch change is less accurate than how it was, if it was inaccurate at all. if you revealed outside a small house everyone inside who was hidden would be revealed. as i remembered, even in patios and two stories you could be revealed on almost every tile

ultra
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by ultra »

I remember detect hidden doing that not reveal spell. I was also referring to reveal spell in field, but now I don't know if that has been changed. I am testing it now.

It's working fine. 2 tiles.

Matty
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Matty »

coming from a longtime fan of UO (the way it was) and UOSA as well as someone who benefits greatly from this patch, as i use stealth mages often... please revert this patch concerning the reveal spell. it is not accurate and there isn't even an argument hinting otherwise.

ultra
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by ultra »

Matty wrote:coming from a longtime fan of UO (the way it was) and UOSA as well as someone who benefits greatly from this patch, as i use stealth mages often... please revert this patch concerning the reveal spell. it is not accurate and there isn't even an argument hinting otherwise.

It is not accurate? Reveal spell previously revealed the WHOLE screen--it never did this. If you think otherwise you must have not played a hide or mage toon back in 1999. I actually think it's one tile, but I will settle for 2. =)

Matty
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Matty »

ultra wrote:
Matty wrote:coming from a longtime fan of UO (the way it was) and UOSA as well as someone who benefits greatly from this patch, as i use stealth mages often... please revert this patch concerning the reveal spell. it is not accurate and there isn't even an argument hinting otherwise.

It is not accurate? Reveal spell previously revealed the WHOLE screen--it never did this. If you think otherwise you must have not played a hide or mage toon back in 1999. I actually think it's one tile, but I will settle for 2. =)
fact: if you walked up to a small house you could reveal everyone inside of it.

ultra
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by ultra »

Matty wrote:
ultra wrote:

Reveal in the field was what I was referring. What does house have to do with anything? Save the reggies and use detect hidden--it reveals everyone @0.0 if you are at least friended to the house. Now if you're referring to someones house you're not friended-it shouldn't even work.

Matty
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Matty »

ultra wrote:
Matty wrote:
ultra wrote:

Reveal in the field was what I was referring. What does house have to do with anything? Save the reggies and use detect hidden--it reveals everyone @0.0 if you are at least friended to the house. Now if you're referring to someones house you're not friended-it shouldn't even work.
as house has to do with tiles-- as in you could reveal more than a two tile radius, as anyone inside a small would be revealed regardless of where they were standing with one reveal.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

At this point, we have no information to suggest that reveal ever had an increased range. In fact, this behavior is strictly RunUO default behavior, as per Derrick's s response.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

ultra
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by ultra »

as house has to do with tiles-- as in you could reveal more than a two tile radius, as anyone inside a small would be revealed regardless of where they were standing with one reveal.
Detect hidden still does this and it's quicker and less wasteful than a spell cast. Now, I don't think you were ever actually complaining about houses at all.... Just using it as a front to attempt to get your "gp" accross.... Haha weak.

Matty
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Matty »

ultra wrote:
Detect hidden still does this and it's quicker and less wasteful than a spell cast. Now, I don't think you were ever actually complaining about houses at all.... Just using it as a front to attempt to get your "gp" accross.... Haha weak.
this thread is about the spell: reveal. not detect hidden. i don't care about detect hidden.