Casting on myself!!!

Moderator: Support Moderators

Yonkers

Casting on myself!!!

Post by Yonkers »

Why is it if i try and hit a target with an onslaught of spells i always target myself automatically... Kinda of a pain in the lich room!

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Casting on myself!!!

Post by Light Shade »

Yonkers wrote:Why is it if i try and hit a target with an onslaught of spells i always target myself automatically... Kinda of a pain in the lich room!
Are you on a tamer or using the Hot Key in Razor for Mini-Heal that auto targets yourself?
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

Border Patrol

Post by Border Patrol »

Do you have a hotkey for set target self? If you accidently hit that b4 casting the onslaught it will hit you. Set a hotkey for clear target under the targeting part of razor hotkey menu

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Aditionally make sure you have queue targets UNCHECKED
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

or clear last target, especially if you are jamming on it rat a tat or nervously twitching :lol:
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

the bazookas
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by the bazookas »

I found this problem to be "Wait for Target" having a Timeout of 30 seconds (which is the default setting)--to change this, Left click and then Right click the Wait for Target action, select "Set Timeout" and set it to 2 (meaning 2 seconds)

The one that always did this to me when I first started out was:

Cast Greater Heal
Wait for Target
Target Self

The thing is that if something happens such that you didn't get a target (e.g. you were "disturbed" because a monster hit you mid-casting), then your macro will sit there on Wait for Target for 30 seconds. Then, if you decided to cast energy bolt for some reason (e.g. a friend healed you so you don't need to heal again), then the moment you get your energy bolt target, the macro grabs that target and proceeds to "TargetSelf". Don't know if this is what's happening for you, but that's what happened to me once upon a time.
Most people like us, or at least they like what we do. Regardless, we appreciate all our victims, and we hope that their encounter with us is a memorable one.
-a machine gun, a bazooka, and a grenade
... a not-for-profit organization (usually)

Return to “New Player Help”