Mages guild

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Jack

Mages guild

Post by Jack »

You used to be able to join the mages guild for discounts on reg prices and at the moment you can pay 500 gold and be greeted with the wonderful assurance of "my colleagues will sell you reagents at a lower price"

but no

no discount

fix plz

Derrick

Re: Mages guild

Post by Derrick »

Aye. This has been something that I've been meaning to get fixed for quite some time. While I believe the discount was a simple % and rounded upwards I don't have the exact formula of the discount. I would like to get this in soon.

A similar inaccuracy exists with Murderers, who are supposed to be charges 5x the rate for goods, and for characters at the bottom tier of karma, with whom merchants are not supposed to transact.

Thanks!

ClowN

Post by ClowN »

Derrick wrote:Aye. This has been something that I've been meaning to get fixed for quite some time. While I believe the discount was a simple % and rounded upwards I don't have the exact formula of the discount. I would like to get this in soon.

A similar inaccuracy exists with Murderers, who are supposed to be charges 5x the rate for goods, and for characters at the bottom tier of karma, with whom merchants are not supposed to transact.

Thanks!

wow i forgot about all that lol. i remember all of this now though, that was a pain in the ass.

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

I remember the NPC guild, I remember giving them 500gp to join, and I remember being disappointed with the fact that there was no discount (then again, I joined the "NPC Guild" pre-T2A I believe, but my memory is foggy)
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Green Taylor

Post by Green Taylor »

Did other guilds offer other benefits? lookin through my manual I'm finding a lot of different guilds.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Yes, all trade guilds gave merchandise discounts to their members

Red

Post by Red »

It would be cool if the Merchants Guild would give you similar discounts in shops that don't have their own guild, like the tailors, the bowcrafts, and the provisioners.

Flash Hardstar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Flash Hardstar »

I remember joinining the mages guild, and when purchasing he said "let me discount my wares to thee" but I don't ever remember it being cheaper =/ OSI also was supposed to impose other things with joining of NPC guilds but they never did
Red wrote:Kill Flash, and I'm going to bet that his loot is worth more than 2k.

Faust

Post by Faust »

It was definitely cheaper. However, it was obviously not a whole lote. The exact amount was 3gp regs went to 2gp and 6gp regs went to 5gp. I ought to check this out and confirm it on the Demo when I get the chance. I just can't remember if there is a Mage Guildmaster in the Ocllo mage shop though.