Lost a lot of pets in the "new" stable system - still broken

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
priaprism

Lost a lot of pets in the "new" stable system - still broken

Post by priaprism »

I just claimed my 5 dragons, named "dragon"...

I said "claim dragon"

Then I said "stable" (I have 5 cows to hold until I'm done hunting)

the Stablemaster says "I charge 30 gold per week, blah blah blah"... I target the cow, "I'm sorry, my stables are full...

I think I lost about 4-6 mares (two pures) from the stable master in WB....

kinda disgusted with the mechanics, I know Derrick works very hard to provide a free product for so many of us and I can't blame him at all, but wow, losing that many mares and slots isn't fun at all, plus I'm afraid to even refresh my stuff now in fear of losing it.... :(

priaprism

Re: Lost a lot of pets in the "new" stable system - still br

Post by priaprism »

FYI - here's what's happening....
Attachments
stableerror.JPG
stableerror.JPG (56.32 KiB) Viewed 1730 times

the bazookas
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by the bazookas »

The restabling problem I believe is due to what I described here:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=38809&start=27

Also, the disappearence of pets (and actions taken so far by Derrick) has been described
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=38900

In WB, you say you lost some nightmares. More specifics could possibly be helpful (the issues that Derrick has already addressed didn't seem to apply to WB)... Stuff like
  • When did it happen?
  • Were you ever able to claim them, or were they simply non-existent when you tried to claim them?
  • Which stablemaster was it?
... and whatever else you can remember. Without specific details, it's very difficult to investigate.
Most people like us, or at least they like what we do. Regardless, we appreciate all our victims, and we hope that their encounter with us is a memorable one.
-a machine gun, a bazooka, and a grenade
... a not-for-profit organization (usually)

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

priaprism wrote: Then I said "stable" (I have 5 cows to hold until I'm done hunting)

the Stablemaster says "I charge 30 gold per week, blah blah blah"... I target the cow, "I'm sorry, my stables are full...
As bazooka describes, you should have been able to stable the dragons, but not nesisarily the cows; if the stables were full and cannot accept new pets.

THis is working as intended during the transition.

I never saw the report about your nightmares, but it's known that we had some lost pets earlier in the week, should be fixed now.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

priaprism

Post by priaprism »

Derrick wrote:
priaprism wrote: Then I said "stable" (I have 5 cows to hold until I'm done hunting)

As bazooka describes, you should have been able to stable the dragons, but not nesisarily the cows; if the stables were full and cannot accept new pets.

THis is working as intended during the transition.

I never saw the report about your nightmares, but it's known that we had some lost pets earlier in the week, should be fixed now.

Thanks for the responses. As far as the nightmares go, this is the first time I realized they were missing. I guess they're just gone forever?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

priaprism wrote:Thanks for the responses. As far as the nightmares go, this is the first time I realized they were missing. I guess they're just gone forever?
They are, and I'm sorry for the loss, but we are not going to be able to replace lost pets there are not records etc either.

The system has been fixed and is working as intended as seen after a few days of monitoring.

The issues with not being able to stable fillers will subside as the transition progresses.

Thanks for your patience, I'm glad you're enjoying the shard.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

priaprism

Post by priaprism »

I am enjoying the shard, thanks Derrick. No huge deal, I'll be able to tame more, I just wanted to outfit all my guys w/ mares....

Thanks for putting together such a great server in general.