house deed disapeared

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Charisma

house deed disapeared

Post by Charisma »

not sure what happened and im not looking to be reimbursed but i placed a small house deed and a rune book on the floor of my house, switched to an alt and picked up the rune book and as i did that the deed disapeared, i used detect hidden by the house owner who also has gm detect before and after and noone in the house, not sure what happed but im out 44,800 gold, any how just wanted to put that out there and warn everyone.

Cheers
Charisma

Border Patrol

Re: house deed disapeared

Post by Border Patrol »

House deeds are considered noobied.

Noob items disappear on floor of house or ground in 90secs I believe.

Charisma

Post by Charisma »

huh, i was under the impression that items placed on the floor of your house do not decay but i guess this would be the exception :( anyhow thanks for the speedy reply.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Noobie items and body parts decay in a house, as on OSI. If they are locked down or in a containers they are fine.

This has been reported a few times over the years; and while saddened and sympathetic (I know this isn't helpful, but it needs to be said), I'm always shocked that anyone would ever leave something of such value in the open like this, when it would be so easy to leave it in a secure container for transfer.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

don't feel too bad.. someone did this very thing recently and lost 2.5 mill in deeds ;/
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Charisma

Post by Charisma »

well i dont feel so bad now :) anyhow thanks for the imput fellas

Cheers
Charisma

Border Patrol

Post by Border Patrol »

Charisma wrote:well i dont feel so bad now :) anyhow thanks for the imput fellas

Cheers
Charisma
Also I know this may be off topic but I have to ask. Are you the thief known as Charisma in game? if so, earlier today you recalled into Skarabrae and already gray. Because you were a thief I had to dispatch you and confiscate your items in accordance with proper BPD police procedures.

I was just curious...how did you turn gray? Did you kill a lockpicker or something? You had 2 bags of regs, tons of magic items, and lockpicks.

The evidence I saw led me to believe either you are a thief lockpicker or you had just killed /attacked/stole from a lockpicker.

P.S. You made it into one of my furture tales as well. Congratulations.

+3 Karma for you being so kool about the bad luck with the house deed.

Charisma

Post by Charisma »

Y yes i am the one that you dispatched, and i am a thief but not active i mainly do lev 4 chest trying to gm lockpicking, and i turned grey because i looted a corpse that way laying near the lev 4 chest by the ancient wyrm, i could not resist, only problem was i hit my recal buttin and went to tow never realizing i was grey lol. i did not kill him i have never killed anyone nor stole from anyone. i mearly have stealing for rare gathering, as far as the deed goes it was my mistake lol wont happen again and no hard feelings, its all part of the game. Glad i made it to your post, :)

Border Patrol

Post by Border Patrol »

Charisma wrote:Y yes i am the one that you dispatched, and i am a thief but not active i mainly do lev 4 chest trying to gm lockpicking, and i turned grey because i looted a corpse that way laying near the lev 4 chest by the ancient wyrm, i could not resist, only problem was i hit my recal buttin and went to tow never realizing i was grey lol. i did not kill him i have never killed anyone nor stole from anyone. i mearly have stealing for rare gathering, as far as the deed goes it was my mistake lol wont happen again and no hard feelings, its all part of the game. Glad i made it to your post, :)
Thanks for answering my question. It is a nice contribution to the script of that particular event and I am sorry for killing you. Glad you are not upset with me about it. :D

Charisma

Post by Charisma »

na, its all fun and games, some people take this stuff way too serious lol. i was grey and a thief your the po po lol just doing your job.

cheers
Charisma

Return to “In Game Bug Reports”