NEW CTF

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

NEW CTF

Post by Hemperor »

Well I just had the most fun event of my life...the new map is amazing....running with the flag and 10 people chasing me just to throw up a wall of stone directly behind me to leave them all behind..ahhh, i found myself laughing the whole event..

my one suggestion is to allow refreshes, but turn all total refreshes into standard refresh pots...terrific map, most teamwork ive ever seen in an event.

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

ReDmAn

Re: NEW CTF

Post by ReDmAn »

That was a lot of fun. I've played CTF on DFI for 5+ years. It's a little easier to flag with heal through poison but still enjoyable.

I think you should either allow refresh pots or the teleport spell. Once you are full and can't eat any food the defense can just form a 3 man wall that no one can get past.

Allowing the wall spell is definitely necessary.

I look forward to winning you all at ctf once my mage is done

/Flamin Warlord

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

Another suggestion, something still needs to be done about "auto" picking up flags...killed a flag carrier and his buddy had the flag instantly

ReDmAn

Post by ReDmAn »

Hemperor wrote:Another suggestion, something still needs to be done about "auto" picking up flags...killed a flag carrier and his buddy had the flag instantly
Yeah unfortunately nothing can be done about these macros, it's a problem on all servers that run ctfs.

Just make a macro in razor of dbl clicking the flag, then set it to object type banner and set a hotkey.. eventually it will turn into a ping contest to see who gets the flag.

UnknownLord

Post by UnknownLord »

Infact, derrick has teleporter flags to stop the issue. they have just not been placed in yet. Refresh wont be put in but food never making you full will be, That was just a test. Due to lag the map possibly wont be a 20v20 anymore but restricted to 7v7. thanks.
-D- Dreadlord XII

Flash Hardstar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Flash Hardstar »

The event was terrible for dexers, considering they could get walled in everywhere, it requires ALOT of moving around, and dexers need stamina to be even remotely effective. I haven't played on my mage, but as a dexer - I was nothing short of frustrated.

Quite possibly making the bridges slightly bigger so one persons 10 mana fast cast cant just hold a group to their doom.... or take out walls in the event all together.

I also noticed a huge stalemate when both teams succesfully had the opposing teams flag in their base, it was like nobody was going to cap, and you had to pretty much wait the timer out and try again.
Red wrote:Kill Flash, and I'm going to bet that his loot is worth more than 2k.

UnknownLord

Post by UnknownLord »

Flash Hardstar wrote:The event was terrible for dexers, considering they could get walled in everywhere, it requires ALOT of moving around, and dexers need stamina to be even remotely effective. I haven't played on my mage, but as a dexer - I was nothing short of frustrated.

Quite possibly making the bridges slightly bigger so one persons 10 mana fast cast cant just hold a group to their doom.... or take out walls in the event all together.

I also noticed a huge stalemate when both teams succesfully had the opposing teams flag in their base, it was like nobody was going to cap, and you had to pretty much wait the timer out and try again.
Again. massive numbers in a small arena like that is just a big clog. a 7v7 would work out fine, and walling is team work. it was hard to get passed with food making you full and 10 people spamming walls, but if you break down a team of 7 like so.

Waller, 2 flaggers, 4 defence. its not that hard. or even 3 flaggers and 3 defence. so its farily balanced. 20v20 is hard to control since soo many people doing random shit.
-D- Dreadlord XII

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

Great map, this is the only CTF events that I've seen teamwork incorporated so far...I think removing team leader was a big plus to this as well

Teknix
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Teknix »

plz dont limit the amount of players in a match. 10 times cooler with more people
chumbucket wrote:
GomerPyle wrote:chum RPs a thief
Roleplays?!?

Cromwell
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Cromwell »

Teknix wrote:plz dont limit the amount of players in a match. 10 times cooler with more people
Lets not forget why there are limits--lag.

Nothing more annoying than a lagging server, plus, lag isn't era accurate!
"The Finest Arms, Armor, and Service. UBB."

UnknownLord

Post by UnknownLord »

Cromwell wrote:
Teknix wrote:plz dont limit the amount of players in a match. 10 times cooler with more people
Lets not forget why there are limits--lag.

Nothing more annoying than a lagging server, plus, lag isn't era accurate!
Theres a difference between lagging and freezing for 20 seconds because 40 people are casting walls and other spells in 1 base :)
-D- Dreadlord XII

Teknix
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Teknix »

both of yall have a good point, but i think lag is the major issue at hand

more people on the teams requires more coordination
chumbucket wrote:
GomerPyle wrote:chum RPs a thief
Roleplays?!?

Flash Hardstar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Flash Hardstar »

Teknix wrote:both of yall have a good point, but i think lag is the major issue at hand

more people on the teams requires more coordination

So what you're sayin gis, you're f'ed if your entire guild isnt on one team, or you get the few noobs who join?
Red wrote:Kill Flash, and I'm going to bet that his loot is worth more than 2k.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

walls in ctf rule, team leader removal was great idea, teleport in events is great too :D loving changes so far
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]