SOLD: 2-Story on beach at the End of the World

Buying/Selling Housing

Moderator: Trade Moderators

Grahf

SOLD: 2-Story on beach at the End of the World

Post by Grahf »

FINAL UPDATE: SOLD

UPDATE: Bidding is canceled and sale is pending to a_llama

Good evening all, I am putting an amazing 2-story on the market. It has served my brothers and I well but it is time to start looking to upgrade (Again!).
Here are some details:
Location: an isolated peninsula on the very south of Fire Island. You will have your own private beach, and the only neighbor within a few screens is WiseOne. In the time I've been there I've seen maybe 1-2 people that I didn't recognize. On the screenshots in UOAM there are a few small houses just to the north, those are houses that we have placed to help with the move out, and the spawn can be treacherous up there sometimes!
Spawn: typical Jungle spawn on FI, including Silver Serpents. The major plus is the door to the house is facing the ocean, and nothing spawns down there. An occasional snake will wander down that way, but 95% get trapped in the L structure of the house!
Upgrade potential : Unfortunately due to the layout of plants and ferns, and the new housing rules a tower will not fit here. That doesn't mean that the housing rules will never change again! CONFIRMED: At server wars this morning we attempted to place a tower. The two small Ferns along the beach block the stairs. Also, due to the foliage a large brick will not fit here either. BUSTED: Again, at server wars, we confirmed that a large brick WOULD fit. You don't want to downgrade though, trust me. The foliage poking through the floor is BLECH!

There is some fern growth through the first floor in the back room, but a closed door and the wall cover it up nicely as the screenshots below can attest to.

This will be an open auction with a starting bid of of Deed + Small.
I've noticed some problems with the end time of auctions lately, so the auction will end 24 hours after the last bid is made. I won't be making 5-10 minute exceptions, its just not fair and causes WAY too much drama. To be fair, please make all bids transparent and in this thread. If you want to make me an offer I can't refuse, you can do so via PM, but it better be a good one :). If you want to use a broker you are more than welcome to do so, please use from list.

In addition to the 2-Story, we have a small crafting house right next door that has a Loom, Spinning Wheel, Anvil, Forge, and Oven inside. This can be yours bundled with the 2-Story for Just the Deed, and is not contingent on the 2-Story. We will most likely keep it there as our beach home if the winner is not interested!

Thanks for looking everyone, and feel free to ask any questions!

Last edited by Grahf on Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:16 am, edited 3 times in total.

Grahf

Re: Selling 2-Story on beach at the End of the World

Post by Grahf »

^^

[DK]Candyman

Post by [DK]Candyman »

Bidding Deed+ small deed.

Charisma

Post by Charisma »

Deed plus 50k and small for second house

Populus

Post by Populus »

Brick deed.
ImageImageImage
[cA]

Grahf

Post by Grahf »

Populus wrote:Brick deed.
Thanks for the bids so far, please don't hesitate to ask any questions, I'll be around all day so I should be able to get back to you shortly.

Current high bid is Charisma @ Deed + 50k. Populus, please clarify the bid quoted above, I would hate for a serious bid to get passed on.

Remember the small house isn't a requirement to buy the big house! It is a bonus add-on with lots of crafting stations that the winner can pick up for just the small deed.

Have a good one, everybody!

Grahf

Post by Grahf »

Got confirmation from Populus and the current high bid is Charisma who is bidding 2-story deed +50k (~242,400 gold)

I can also be reached via IRC Chat if you have any questions, same as forum name "Grahf"

Casey
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Casey »

Bump.

Great location.

Grahf

Post by Grahf »

Thanks Casey! It is an awesome location. If it fit a tower, I would stay in a heartbeat :)

Got a question in IRC about when the auction ends... 24 hours after the last (HIGHEST) bid, and in this case Charisma bid @ 8:59 AM CDT this morning, so it ends at 8:59 CDT tomorrow morning unless we get another bid!

Don't wait!

a_llama

Post by a_llama »

Grahf

Post by Grahf »

Bid for a_llama confirmed, that equates to roughly a 2-Story Deed + Small Deed + 23,800 gold.
Bidding extended until 1:46 AM CDT Wednesday (holy hell, its Tuesday???)

Charisma

Post by Charisma »

Grahf

Post by Grahf »

Charisma's bid is confirmed for 270K (2-Story, Small, + 33,800 gold)

I amended my original post's "Upgrade Potential" section. By chance I was contacted by the ORIGINAL owner of a tower that stood at that spot, and he told me where to place it. Due to the rule changes, however, I was skeptical. This morning @ Server Wars I confirmed my doubts and a Large Tower does NOT fit. The north palm tree of the two that are on the beach (Beach Screenshot above) block the West side of the stairs. However, we did confirm that a Large Brick would fit in that plot. You don't want to do this though... the fern/plant bleed-through is atrocious. But, to each his own.

I will be on IRC if you have any questions. If I don't respond right away, I'm probably passed out... up all night writing a term paper.
Going back to school is fun!

Thanks all

Sheer Luck

Post by Sheer Luck »

Grahf wrote:
However, we did confirm that a Large Brick would fit in that plot. You don't want to do this though... the fern/plant bleed-through is atrocious. But, to each his own.
Fail!

Drop a Brick there, and sell it as having an "Uber-Rare Perma Plant Deco !!! Unique to Shard !!"

SWIDT ?

LOLz
You see: a character crafted by Sheer Luck

[23:55]<Soma> I know very well of Abbott's ways
[23:56]<Soma> He may be a pedophile, but he's a damn good smith

Grahf

Post by Grahf »

Sheer Luck wrote:
Grahf wrote:
However, we did confirm that a Large Brick would fit in that plot. You don't want to do this though... the fern/plant bleed-through is atrocious. But, to each his own.
Fail!

Drop a Brick there, and sell it as having an "Uber-Rare Perma Plant Deco !!! Unique to Shard !!"

SWIDT ?

LOLz
You're right!!!!!! What was I thinking... a few brown bandaids, a few rares... it could be glorious!!!!

Nah.

LOL

Anyway, my brother wanted me to make sure a reminder goes out that the bids are for the 2-story only!
The Crafting house/shed will be offered to the winner of the auction for just the small deed. Purchasing it is not a requirement to buy the 2-story house! We will most likely deed it eventually after we move into a new place, and we'll let the winner know if/when we do that, but 5 crafting stations will go to waste if that happens.