Trammel Events

Topics related to Second Age
Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Trammel Events

Post by Roser »

**Trend Spotter**

Members of cr3w has been witnessed calling everything "a complete joke" multiple times!

Could this be the newest in L337 pvp lingo? Or maybe they are just really happy people?

UOSA Need's a GM that has the time to spend on putting together events on a regular basis (once or twice a week).

As for the old automated events... We don't need them here. They were very repetitive and obviously did not do very much for shard growth.

Gymkhana

Post by Gymkhana »

It's not silly at all. It's silly that you're trying so hard to defend that it isn't the case. For each of the pvpers I've talked to I'm sure there's 10 more that I wouldn't have a chance to talk to because they are already long gone. Just because the playerbase numbers look the same doesn't say much. People are constantly coming and going wether events are here or not. Having events will only make the chances of them staying here greater. No one is going to log into the server and see that there is automated events and go on an "OMG this is not an era accurate server" tantrum and leave. Bringing events back will ONLY benefit the server.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

It's been a long time since these were active on Second Age. Fixing the expoits in the old event system is not a high priority, and they will not likely ever return as they were.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Kabal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kabal »

Derrick wrote: . . . . as they were.
DUN, DUN DUUUN . . .
Derrick wrote: . . .get real please.
"F**k that Morpheus, I'm takin' em both!" -Kabal
*pm me with questions about lasers*

McTavish

Post by McTavish »

Just a single penneth worth to add...

I started playing here again after about a 2.5 year break (I had deleted all my chars) so was starting from scratch. When I played before there were multiple events a day but the dungeons were empty (apart from a couple of v. popular spots), brit graveyard was like a RL graveyard and I could play for hours without seeing a soul. But the events were really busy and were I would say the focus point of the game. The trophy system also helped make it popular and it was good and easy money getting trophies in the team events.

When I started playing again, I was missing the events as they had been the thing that had made the server for me, but to be honest after playing for a couple of months I'm not missing them one bit and I think they were a crutch for the server - which when it was taken away the server found it could stand on its own two feet. There are people in dungeons, there are plenty of pk's, there are people at the GY, lots more popular spots have people. The only thing that's missing (unless I am missing something) is that there isn't a way of gaining the item rewards from the trophy system...

The events served their purpose, but IMHO we're better off without them.

kevin-theidocghost
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by kevin-theidocghost »

well damn events are gone.....this sux...bah i guess ill just go farm
Timelord wrote:Every single person in the game is out to kill you, loot you and take everything you own at any time.
http://www.twitch.tv/imr4350/

platypus

Post by platypus »

Who would be harmed by non-Trammel events with no prizes? It wouldn't even take long to change the code to make automated events work this way. Another suggestion: event gates open to reds at Bucs AND at Chaos shrine.

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

kevin-theidocghost wrote:well damn events are gone.....this sux...bah i guess ill just go farm
I'd say, based on what you like to do, you should probably just keep putting more efforts into your duelling league.

As Derrick said, it is not a high priority to fix the event system. Regardless of how much work is involved, that means it's not happening right away.

Make the best of the situation by continuing to build the events and player community outside of a safe zone.
Est Sularus oth Mithas

kevin-theidocghost
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

BlaiseDad wrote:
kevin-theidocghost wrote:well damn events are gone.....this sux...bah i guess ill just go farm
I'd say, based on what you like to do, you should probably just keep putting more efforts into your duelling league.

As Derrick said, it is not a high priority to fix the event system. Regardless of how much work is involved, that means it's not happening right away.

Make the best of the situation by continuing to build the events and player community outside of a safe zone.
the only problem with that is people wont do it unless u give out something really nice and even then to get a good turnout is completly luck based when dealing with player run events
trammel events are the only good turnouts
Timelord wrote:Every single person in the game is out to kill you, loot you and take everything you own at any time.

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

kevin-theidocghost wrote:trammel events are the only good turnouts
False. I had good turn-out for a Walk Across Britannia. That was just walking. With the right publicity and timing you can get good turn-out for nearly anything you consider fun, without promise of reward.
Est Sularus oth Mithas

farnk

Post by farnk »

this shard needs events IMO

brings everyone together as a community, players get to interact with each other and have wizard talkz

kevin-theidocghost
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

well it doesnt matter is every single person on the shard feels the same way or if its divided either way it comes down to what derrick wants it is his shard

Halbu

Post by Halbu »

As someone who hates Trammel I don't see the harm in OCCASIONALLY having a 1v1 tournament(able to loot each other after death) or a CTF every 2-3 months.

That way people don't make a habit of only logging in for events if it only happens so seldom. And besides, players that only choose to join tourneys will be out of practice if they only join one every 2-3 months. It will be their loss for not playing the real game to keep from getting rusty.

And don't let events give silver anymore, it should be for fun and maybe trophies that aren't worth anything.

Make all silver rewards purchasable by gold from an NPC in Felucca.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

bring back events, just don't have a schedule and announce them in game 5 minutes prior.

i don't even get why trammel/loot on death is an issue anyway. tournaments are generally held inside someone's tower/castle and looting will get you a swift ban from the premises. nobody enters these with the hope of looting a gm halberd and a bunch of regs. other events like survival are not even really possible without GM intervention.

the majority of player run tournaments fail badly or are just cancelled due to lack of interest. automated events were great in that sense, just show up and double click the stone if you want to enter. the event itself runs like a well oiled machine.

it's just frustrating to attend player run events, where you don't know if the start time may be delayed by 30 minutes, then the organisation during the event might take another 30, the fights themselves over an hour... possibly standing around bored and frustrated for most the event. not something a player who dedicates a few hours a week to UO is going to undertake... and it shows with the low turnouts and high number of flat out CANCELLED tournaments.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Charla

Post by Charla »

hmmmm. First off I am getting tired of hearing peeps grip about something not being "era accurate" , especially if they use razor to macro up their characters. Razor was not around back in the day. Not sure when UO assist came around. If you truely want era accurate, than use the in-game macro system. Old school.
I think Derrick and staff do a grand job with the shard.
Also remember, UO was not created just for pvping, that was/is an option for game play.

"sits back waiting for the fall out"

Thanks Derrick and staff for a great shard

Westra