Stealth

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
lachalupa

Stealth

Post by lachalupa »

I do remember long time ago i had a Thief toon, and I do recall frequent use of the stealth skill.
But here in this server or shard, I GM stealth to find it DOES NOT WORK, i try naked, and the most i get is 3 steps....also I am a true believer that Snooping should not unhidde at all. this affects not just game play of what is the only true rouge character offered by Ultima online back in the day...so I want to ask the people in charge to consider fixing stealth skill out of it being neferd or whatever it is keeping it broken. and as well consider the situation with being revealed when snooping a bag....Whats the point on being so over protective of those PvM guys? let them loose...that's the way to learn...or...loose! GIVE FREEDOM TO ALL SKILLS!!!
It should be like free market....without a gov messing things up...should it not?

Pirul

Re: Stealth

Post by Pirul »

1.- Stealth should not reveal you at GM skill on 3 steps. You are probably stepping on hidden people, small animals, etc. (or somebody is revealing you)

2.- Snooping only unhides you when you snoop from stealth, not if you snoop from hide.

3.- Name and city of operation, please. The BPD have an appointment with you.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Border Patrol

Post by Border Patrol »

*swings mace*

Sheer Luck

Post by Sheer Luck »

lachalupa wrote:I do remember long time ago i had a Thief toon, and I do recall frequent use of the stealth skill.
But here in this server or shard, I GM stealth to find it DOES NOT WORK, i try naked, and the most i get is 3 steps....

I have GM'd stealth on 3 chars, most recently 2 months ago. 10 steps, no problem. You are having an issue.
You see: a character crafted by Sheer Luck

[23:55]<Soma> I know very well of Abbott's ways
[23:56]<Soma> He may be a pedophile, but he's a damn good smith

BenBrawl
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BenBrawl »

I have no problem stealthing on my stealther
Facebook.com/AbsoluteCustomsLLC

Vhyx

Post by Vhyx »

Yep, the stealth step problem you're experiencing is most definitely a P.E.B.K.A.C error of some kind. Please debug and try again.

I believe, but don't quote me on it, that if you hide, stealth up to mark, then re-hide you should be able to snoop them from the shadows. I haven't tried snooping/stealing in....... a long time....

Hythloth Tower for Sale. Contact Boondock_Saint via PMs because it's his and not mine. Azheman will broker the deal, naked.

lachalupa

Post by lachalupa »

Ok. I guess then I do have an issue, I can't stealth over 3 steps, most times I try naked, at first step i fail. Yes i GM stealth, So I don't know what to say...nor how I fix this. I am patched, run regular Razor, and this happens with or without razor.....I try this at home in the bush or in towns...same thing.. :(

Pehiko
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Pehiko »

lachalupa wrote:Ok. I guess then I do have an issue, I can't stealth over 3 steps, most times I try naked, at first step i fail. Yes i GM stealth, So I don't know what to say...nor how I fix this. I am patched, run regular Razor, and this happens with or without razor.....I try this at home in the bush or in towns...same thing.. :(
stupid question but are you on a horse? or you are on foot?

Jill Stihl
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Jill Stihl »

Pehiko wrote:stupid question but are you on a horse? or you are on foot?
I'll add another - Are you trying to run while stealthed?

lachalupa

Post by lachalupa »

LOL.....I'm on foot....naked.

lachalupa

Post by lachalupa »

No I am not running....I am set to only walk, i go naked....to make this clear, I do know the game a little, enough to be sure that stealth skill somehow is not doing the trick for my toon. I appreciate any real help! :)

Pehiko
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Pehiko »

lachalupa wrote:I appreciate any real help! :)
Well sorry but your problem sound retarded. Nobody ever heard of that issue so more than likely you are the retard causing the problem. Don't diss when people try to help you.

Border Patrol

Post by Border Patrol »

Citizen!,

Are you waiting a full 10sec after hiding b4 trying to use stealth skill? You have to use hiding skill...sit there 10sec...then use stealth skill..then walk.

lachalupa

Post by lachalupa »

yep i wait the timer...

by the way...about the retarded...I mean if you waste your time writing on posts to say people are retarded...my guess is you should never fear the cops.....be ware of sanitation thou...lol