Trash Talk Forum Privacy

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
keuse

Trash Talk Forum Privacy

Post by keuse »

Another forum that I frequent does the exact same thing:

Make this a private forum that does not appear in the index unless you are a registered user and logged in.

A lot of people that visit the forums that are new will look at the Trash talk (that is complete out of control) and think that this reflects the community of the shard.

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Trash Talk Forum Privacy

Post by Ronk »

Maybe im different but I never go to a 'trash talk' forum to judge a community. If I go somewhere new I tend to just hit up the general forum.
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

Ronk wrote:Maybe im different but I never go to a 'trash talk' forum to judge a community. If I go somewhere new I tend to just hit up the general forum.
You are different... aren't you an Orc? ;)

keuse

Post by keuse »

Ronk wrote:Maybe im different but I never go to a 'trash talk' forum to judge a community. If I go somewhere new I tend to just hit up the general forum.
yes, you are different.
if people want an idea of what the pvp scene is like here/the depths of how moronic some of the playerbase is and there is no pvp forum, they go to the trash forum.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

so more important than locking out certain forums to unregistered users, is to create a pvp forum?
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Red

Post by Red »

Both seem like good ideas to me.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Currently the Trash Talk is not indexed by the search engines. So the rules for language and whatever else aren't enforces as they are on the regular forums either.
I'm on board with making it accessible only to registered users. I do not read these threads but very very infrequently myself.

aXe

Post by aXe »

Sooner or later the new player will find out how the player-base really is anyways so i say nay. What should he/her expect from a trash talk forum anyways?
<hemperor> plus im sure ive handled more money than your mcdonalds ass ever has, my $1200 dollar speaks for itself! :)

Maahes

Post by Maahes »

BlackFoot wrote:so more important than locking out certain forums to unregistered users, is to create a pvp forum?
I don't understand what the difference between the trash talk forum and a pvp forum?

Flash Hardstar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Flash Hardstar »

Before I started this shard I didnt look at any forum.... just played and hoped I liked the feel.
Red wrote:Kill Flash, and I'm going to bet that his loot is worth more than 2k.