PK'ing Freely In Royal Zoo At Moonglow

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Jarold

PK'ing Freely In Royal Zoo At Moonglow

Post by Jarold »

At the royal zoo in moonglow, people have managed to get into the cages somehow and even though the zoo's guard protected they dont get whacked! Maybe its because their in the cages idk. I saw them kill like 10-15 people with the purple potions in just a minute. I was one of them. PLEASE FIX THIS!
Hey There!

Pirul

Re: PK'ing Freely In Royal Zoo At Moonglow

Post by Pirul »

1.- Are you sure they where using purple potions?
2.- Where they coming in through a moongate?
3.- Not a bug, it's an accurate mechanic, and one you need to take precautions to prevent.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Jarold

Post by Jarold »

Pirul wrote:1.- Are you sure they where using purple potions?
2.- Where they coming in through a moongate?
3.- Not a bug, it's an accurate mechanic, and one you need to take precautions to prevent.
Yeah they were using potions, yes they were moongating, and how is that an accurate mechancic to kill people freely in a guard zone....unless its not guarded in the cages? i don't understand why.
Hey There!

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Potions take a certain time to make damage, and thus for the aggresor to become a criminal. Before this happens, he jumps back through the moongate and out of guardzone. Guards will only protect a certain range around a guardzone, so if the moongate is cast from beyond that range, guards will not kill him. After the first potions blow up, there is a limited amount of seconds in which guards can be called against an aggresor, after that time has elapse, he can come back through the gate and drop another couple purple potions...rinse repeat and you have mass murder.

In essence, he is throwing the pots from outside of the GZ, and thus will not get guardwhacked. Accurate.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Jarold

Post by Jarold »

Pirul wrote:Potions take a certain time to make damage, and thus for the aggresor to become a criminal. Before this happens, he jumps back through the moongate and out of guardzone. Guards will only protect a certain range around a guardzone, so if the moongate is cast from beyond that range, guards will not kill him. After the first potions blow up, there is a limited amount of seconds in which guards can be called against an aggresor, after that time has elapse, he can come back through the gate and drop another couple purple potions...rinse repeat and you have mass murder.

In essence, he is throwing the pots from outside of the GZ, and thus will not get guardwhacked. Accurate.
I see......
Hey There!

McTavish

Post by McTavish »

I added an evacuate section to the macro for provo training:

i.e.

If (Hp <=99)
Double Click (Recall Scroll)
Wait for Target
Absolute Target (Rune)
EndIf

Obviously I'm losing macro time, but if I'm being pk'd I'd be in the same boat... so figured at least I wouldn't give the pk'er the satisfation of my lute (excuse the pun)....

chainsoar

Post by chainsoar »

There are also things like line of sight to be taken into consideration. The guards aren't an all-encompassing safety blanket that can protect you from any and all harm, Britannia is a dangerous place and the mechanics are designed to make it that way.
Braden wrote:I was getting ready to type a serious reply to this post until I saw who posted it.
[Uhh] Eo wrote:If there is one thing I am a fan of, it is exploring foreign holes.

GoldMember

Post by GoldMember »

You will never be able to avoid 100% of all in town attacks. If someone is crafty enough it's only a matter of time (and likely a few purple pots) until your dead.

The easiest way of avoiding it is not going AFK in a public place, especially one that is known to have a large number of players routinely going AFK like the bank or the zoo.

Again you can even be PK'd while at your computer in a guarded zone (think purple pots combined with multiple EF's) nothing in game is or will ever be 100% safe.. the good news is its just a game.
liinniejj wrote:Goldmember just simply loves being a jackass and that has gotten him no good so far as you can see ;)