2/16/12-2/18/12 Patrols: My Return

Share stories and special moments with the community.
Border Patrol

2/16/12-2/18/12 Patrols: My Return

Post by Border Patrol »

Citizens!,

It has been a long time. As of the 16th of Febuary I am back in UO, and have been reinstated back into the BPD as "Inspector" by Chief Atraxi! *salutes*

It appears even the guards at BPD HQ have something to say about it.
1ReinstatedIntoGuildAsInspectorGuardIsEvenExcited.jpg
1ReinstatedIntoGuildAsInspectorGuardIsEvenExcited.jpg (130.09 KiB) Viewed 1885 times

At my arrival to WBB the local citizenry informs me of the many disasters that have been brought upon Britannia.
2LocalCitizenryInformsOfCurrentStateofAffairsFloodsFiresFamine.jpg
2LocalCitizenryInformsOfCurrentStateofAffairsFloodsFiresFamine.jpg (141.71 KiB) Viewed 1885 times
I patrol quite some time before retiring for the day. It was quite peaceful and there were no crimes happening in my presence. The citizens of Britannia were on their best behavior it seemed.

The next day started off with me coming across a vile villian named Agapito. He was only a couple screens from BPD HQ, was perma gray, and had various illegal substances and stolen goods on him. I took it upon my self to rid these lands of this vile scum and quickly let him taste my mace of Justice!
3NextDayAgapitoByBPDHQ.jpg
3NextDayAgapitoByBPDHQ.jpg (131.51 KiB) Viewed 1885 times

Finally! Finally my mace of Justice was able to taste the blood of the corrupt yet again!

As I made my way closer to WBB I was checking the various shops and alleys when I came across the street punk known as Kurt. He would not heed my commands and started running with stolen goods on his person. I chased him from East Brit to one of the middle bridges were he finally fell into a lifeless corpse.
4KurtDealtJusticeOnBritBridgeForStealing.jpg
4KurtDealtJusticeOnBritBridgeForStealing.jpg (125.96 KiB) Viewed 1885 times

His stolen goods including a key to his getaway boat was seized and filed.
5ContrabandIsSeized.jpg
5ContrabandIsSeized.jpg (124.49 KiB) Viewed 1885 times

All seems quiet and peaceful yet again in the fair city. Until "Kurt" changes his disguise to "Ragnar" and strolls by me. I am not fooled and upon a quick frisking he is identified as perma. I give chase and punish him yet again for his crooked ways. This was my final arrest for the day.
6KurtChangesToRagnarButIAmNotFooled.jpg
6KurtChangesToRagnarButIAmNotFooled.jpg (134.69 KiB) Viewed 1885 times

On my third day back, Feb 18th, I proudly check back in for duty.
7CheckingIn3rdDayBack.jpg
7CheckingIn3rdDayBack.jpg (133.32 KiB) Viewed 1885 times

Only minutes after I check in for my shift I run across the well known thief Jack of Shadows as he is on his way towards East Brit Bank. I quickly frisk him as he is trying to run from me on foot. He is indeed perma and is resisting arrest.

As I pummel away on him with my mace of Justice he is constantly spamming heals and tele spells. All they do is prolong the beating though.
8JackofShadowsSpammingMiniHeals.jpg
8JackofShadowsSpammingMiniHeals.jpg (154.24 KiB) Viewed 1885 times
A few more moments and he succumbs to my heavy hands. I seize his stolen regs.
9JackofShadowsDies.jpg
9JackofShadowsDies.jpg (148.52 KiB) Viewed 1885 times
10CoronerShot.jpg
10CoronerShot.jpg (144 KiB) Viewed 1885 times
Part 2 is next and this day has just started....
Last edited by Border Patrol on Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Border Patrol

Re: 2/16/12-2/18/12 Patrols: My Return

Post by Border Patrol »

I will pick up where I left off....Jack of Shadows had a large amount of stolen regs on him. About 60-80 of each reg. I am sure he will pack a little lighter the next time he is perma gray and in town....
11JackofShadowsContrabandSeized.jpg
11JackofShadowsContrabandSeized.jpg (143.51 KiB) Viewed 1873 times

Later on a shady character named "I Run Like Hell" sets off my antitheft device. Oh how I missed using these useful little things :)
12RunLikeHellSetsOffAntiTheftDevice.jpg
12RunLikeHellSetsOffAntiTheftDevice.jpg (130.01 KiB) Viewed 1873 times
It appears he does not live up to his name to say the least. Instead of running he just stands there confused about what just happened.
13RunLikeHellIsNotRunningVeryMuch.jpg
13RunLikeHellIsNotRunningVeryMuch.jpg (130.43 KiB) Viewed 1873 times

He should have named himself "IDieLikeHell." He most likely does that more than any running....
14RunLikeHellDiesLikeHell.jpg
14RunLikeHellDiesLikeHell.jpg (124.89 KiB) Viewed 1873 times
15CoronerShotofRunLikeHell.jpg
15CoronerShotofRunLikeHell.jpg (129.05 KiB) Viewed 1873 times

Shortly afterward some lowly thug named Praying Mantis does the same thing! I can hear the hiss as he is deadly poisoned by my antitheft kit....for shame!!!
16PrayingMantisPoisonedByAntiSnoopKit.jpg
16PrayingMantisPoisonedByAntiSnoopKit.jpg (143.14 KiB) Viewed 1873 times
To my surprise he does not try to pray nor does he try to fly like the insect....he runs like hell while dying!!!!
17PrayingMantisRunsOffB4Dying.jpg
17PrayingMantisRunsOffB4Dying.jpg (153.19 KiB) Viewed 1873 times

It seems to me that these two characters had their names mixed up at birth. IRunLikeHell was obviously standing there silently praying the poison would wear off instead of running. This other guy PrayingMantis was running like hell!

That is until the poison finally stops him in his tracks...
18PrayingMantisCoronerShot.jpg
18PrayingMantisCoronerShot.jpg (152.56 KiB) Viewed 1873 times

I widen my patrol to other areas of Britain since the bank seemed to be secure. Upon my arrival back to the bank some lowly scumbag named Nasty Nate runs up to snoop me and is poisoned by my antitheft kit. Lucky for him though he has cure pots and after a couple tries he cures himself.
19NastyNateFindsAntiSnoopKit.jpg
19NastyNateFindsAntiSnoopKit.jpg (134.51 KiB) Viewed 1873 times

I leave the bank to attend to some things only to come back to an individual who left this mess behind. I thought to myself "seriously. there is a trash can right there!"
20LitterBugs.jpg
20LitterBugs.jpg (138.76 KiB) Viewed 1873 times

That concludes part 2. Next is part 3.
Last edited by Border Patrol on Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Border Patrol

Post by Border Patrol »

Part 3 begins with me refrisking Nasty Nate to find out he is now perma since the last time I checked. I flag him and after a short chase and fight he is finally served. All of his contraband is seized and his corpse is bagged and tagged.
21NastyNateGoesPermaGreyAndIsServed.jpg
21NastyNateGoesPermaGreyAndIsServed.jpg (148.3 KiB) Viewed 1867 times
22NastyNateIsDead.jpg
22NastyNateIsDead.jpg (151.42 KiB) Viewed 1867 times
23NastyNatesContrabandSeized.jpg
23NastyNatesContrabandSeized.jpg (147.92 KiB) Viewed 1867 times
A little later Nasty Nate strolls up to me to try a snoop attempt. Evidently he has a short memory and is posioned from my antitheft device yet again. Only this time he has no cure pots.
24NastyNateHitsAntiSnoopKitAgain.jpg
Having tasted death earlier he is well aware of what it tastes like. As death slowly creeps over his body he states the obvious....
25NastyNateKnowsDeath.jpg
25NastyNateKnowsDeath.jpg (140.75 KiB) Viewed 1867 times

Being the good cop that I am, I decide now is the time to give him some health advice before he dies again. Hopefully he remembers it for next time.
26GivingNastyNateHealthAdvice.jpg
26GivingNastyNateHealthAdvice.jpg (141.66 KiB) Viewed 1867 times
27NastyNateDiesAgain.jpg
27NastyNateDiesAgain.jpg (143.8 KiB) Viewed 1867 times
28NastyNateCoronerShot.jpg
28NastyNateCoronerShot.jpg (141.17 KiB) Viewed 1867 times

A little later on towards the end of my shift I find out Nasty Nate is perma gray and afk. I decide it is time to teach this guy a thing or 2 about respect for officers of the law and respect for fellow citizens. Also, it is a hard lesson about not goin afk in town when perma gray. It can be bad for ones health....
29NastyNatePermaAgain.jpg
29NastyNatePermaAgain.jpg (134.8 KiB) Viewed 1867 times
30NastyNatesCorpse.jpg
30NastyNatesCorpse.jpg (133.25 KiB) Viewed 1867 times
That concludes this part and next is the final part of this series....
Last edited by Border Patrol on Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Border Patrol

Post by Border Patrol »

Before my shift ends I notice this innocent looking pink thief named Tasselhoff.
31InnocentLookinThiefCharacterTasselhoff.jpg
31InnocentLookinThiefCharacterTasselhoff.jpg (139.61 KiB) Viewed 1861 times

After this pink punk insults me I notice later on that he is running towards the bank really fast. I quickly frisk him and indeed he is perma so I teach him about respecting officers of the law.
32TasselhoffStealsAndPunished.jpg
32TasselhoffStealsAndPunished.jpg (142.91 KiB) Viewed 1861 times

After a timeout he gets to rummage through his stinky corpse for his newbie pink gear.
33TasselhoffGettinNewbiePinkTasselsOffCorpse.jpg

It gets rather late and I decide it is time to turn in for the day. Hopefully I was able to make an impact and signifigantly reduced the amount of thefts that would have occured had I not been there.

My thanks to Derrick and the GMs for keeping the shard running and Atraxi for reinstating me back into the guild. I salute you all.

*salutes*

Border Patrol out.

SethTersius

Post by SethTersius »

I shouldnt be the first reply. These are awesome.

Return to “Tales of Adventure”