Best way to loot a chest

Topics related to Second Age
a_llama

Best way to loot a chest

Post by a_llama »

So I just did my first level 4 treasure map and it was kinda a pain. Is there a way to force the spawn when you are still hidden? Or loot the chest when you are hidden? Or do you just have to pop the spawn one at a time as you loot and kill it?

Pirul

Re: Best way to loot a chest

Post by Pirul »

a_llama wrote:So I just did my first level 4 treasure map and it was kinda a pain. Is there a way to force the spawn when you are still hidden? Or loot the chest when you are hidden? Or do you just have to pop the spawn one at a time as you loot and kill it?
What I do is try to have something always provoed around, so I loot fast to get more monsters and keep them busy (provoed). When all the monsters die, I continue looting, when the next one pops up, I make it follow me about a screen away and paralyse it there, then run back to the chest to loot as ffast as I can. Pro tip: You can loot the chest with paralyse precast so you always have the target up while you loot, as soon as that bugger takes a step, paralyse again.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Orion GM B^D

Post by Orion GM B^D »

Pirul wrote:
Pro tip: You can loot the chest with paralyse precast so you always have the target up while you loot, as soon as that bugger takes a step, paralyse again.

Awesome tip!

I also use the tip you posted awhile back. The one dropping a bag in the chest to control the spawn. It was a month or more ago. I use it regularly on highend chests.

Thanks again Pirul :-)
WiseOne wrote:I don't log on often, but when I do, I shop at Trinny Stone Vendors!
Trinny Stone Vendors
@Trinsic Moongate/Est. 6-2-12

Nidaic

Post by Nidaic »

Make a restock agent for gems, scrolls (all 64), and regs.
If solo, stop agent when mobs spawn.
Loot is now seperated from your IDable loot.

fox_phyre
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by fox_phyre »

Open the chest with your lockpicker, then drop a bag in and loot it with your tamer with dragons guarding you. Monster spawns and autoattacks you, dragons all autoattack the spawn. Nothing last more than 10 seconds.
Visit my shop in Yew! First house west of Yew Moongate, always stocked!
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=64975

a_llama

Post by a_llama »

Ya if I had a tamer that would work.

What is the trick with dropping in a bag?

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

a_llama wrote:Ya if I had a tamer that would work.

What is the trick with dropping in a bag?
you drop a container bag - pouch - backpack into the chest and shift + drag the items into it quickly to force the spawn out fastest you can do this is 1 item every 1.0 second two people can force the spawn faster typically i do what was suggested by fox_phyre and use my bard to loot the chest after my stealth lockpicker-carto digs - hides - picks - stealths - the bard telekinus the chest provokes initial spawn (i have her invised so i can drag out bars before hand) then do like pirul suggested keep 1 monster up on the edge of the screen paralyzed typically something strong depending on the level of the map, i also have used the tamer method with my tamer i just prefer the bard more enjoyable to play to me
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

Kabal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kabal »

I like to to find a big, easy to click item such as a heater shield and just keep picking it up and dropping it till theres no more monsters cuz by the time all the monsters are dead, youll likely have to bank before youll be able to carry the loot in the chest.
Derrick wrote: . . .get real please.
"F**k that Morpheus, I'm takin' em both!" -Kabal
*pm me with questions about lasers*

OhSnap
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by OhSnap »

Nidaic wrote:Make a restock agent for gems, scrolls (all 64), and regs.
If solo, stop agent when mobs spawn.
Loot is now seperated from your IDable loot.
Never, ever thought of this before. Genius! I'll have to give it a try

Phallax

Post by Phallax »

Kabal wrote:I like to to find a big, easy to click item such as a heater shield and just keep picking it up and dropping it till theres no more monsters cuz by the time all the monsters are dead, youll likely have to bank before youll be able to carry the loot in the chest.
this is what i do as well

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

Phallax wrote:
Kabal wrote:I like to to find a big, easy to click item such as a heater shield and just keep picking it up and dropping it till theres no more monsters cuz by the time all the monsters are dead, youll likely have to bank before youll be able to carry the loot in the chest.
its the same concept as using a bag instead of randomly dropping them your putting them in a bag to be looted when your done literally the fastest you can do this is 1.00 seconds the action delay only way to make it go any fast then that would have 2 people dragging at the same time
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

I sometimes even record a macro so I don't even have to click.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Kabal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kabal »

iamreallysquall wrote:
Phallax wrote:
its the same concept as using a bag instead of randomly dropping them your putting them in a bag to be looted when your done literally the fastest you can do this is 1.00 seconds the action delay only way to make it go any fast then that would have 2 people dragging at the same time
Real men click and drag.
Derrick wrote: . . .get real please.
"F**k that Morpheus, I'm takin' em both!" -Kabal
*pm me with questions about lasers*