Nabster need Helpsters!

Moderator: Support Moderators

narc1ssus
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Nabster need Helpsters!

Post by narc1ssus »

Hello. I'm just joined this server 2 days ago, i dont have any exp. in T2A UO. So a have a few questions... Please spare some help))
1. Does poisons works with archery?
2. Does food(eat) affect on a skill gain?
3. Wich template is preferable for a 150 ping in PvP - Mage or Dex???
4. Need help with a Dexxer template. (I like a fencing+poison one). Share few good DEX builds plz.
5. Why so many ppl uses GM magery in Dex builds?

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Nabster need Helpsters!

Post by Mikel123 »

1) no
2) no
3) mage
4) see below
5) emergency heals/cures, level 6 spells (invisibility) are occasionally useful, 70 or so is needed to Recall without fail

anatomy
healing
tactics
magic resist
swords/fencing/macing

The above 5 skills on all templates. Then you can try some combination of:

magery
tracking
poisoning
parrying
hiding
second weapon skill

Those are about in the order that I'd advise, i.e. I think magery is the best and a second weapon skill is the worst. 71 magery (to never fail a recall) with 29 Hiding is also useful.

narc1ssus
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by narc1ssus »

WoW Thx!!! <3

narc1ssus
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by narc1ssus »

i don't want to start a new post. So i have few more questions )

1. Is mace a good skill for PK dexxer?
2. Need some advices on thr template:

Weapon skill (Mace?)
Parry
Anatomy
Tactic
Healing
Magery (60)
track (40)
Ressist

3. Is tracking good on 40? or should i drop magery and take 100 Track instead?
4. Is parry good for mace (dexxer)? And wich weapon is good with a shield?
5. Where can i hire Paladin or Mage NPC?

Hallytosis

Post by Hallytosis »

To be totally honest, you dont see many parry dexxers. I'm not sure why this is, maybe so you can chug potions without having to unequip?

Zelek Uther
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Zelek Uther »

I suspect that Parry Dexers are rare because you have to unequip the shield to drink a potion (as Hallytosis says).

Opinions from the veterans about parrying are divided (from viewtopic.php?f=42&t=24942&p=221585):
Pirul wrote:
Mikel123 wrote:Parrying is bad. Don't listen to Pirul. When you get good, you'll have high-end magic armor. And, in such, Parrying is only useful if you're taking enormous hits in quick succession. For example... I run around in invulnerable armor, and I can stand next to a drake for 30 seconds taking hits without it doing one single point of damage to me.

Here is why parrying is bad... we have a one-second object delay here. That means, you can't do anything faster than one second. So if you're healing yourself, and you get poisoned and need to drink an orange potion, here's what happens:

Disarm shield
pause 1 second
drink potion
pause 1 second
Re-arm shield
(can't do anything else, like start a new bandage, for 1 more second)

So you're without the shield for two full seconds... best case. And if you're in big trouble and you want to drink an orange and yellow potion, or a yellow and a red, you have to disarm the shield manually, drink your potions, then re-arm. (i.e. drinkin the potions with the razor auto-unequip will not work, because after the first potion it will try to put the shield back on).
Ok, just to elaborate a bit on this. (1) It is true you need to de-equip shield to drink pots, but it's 2-3 seconds you are without a shield (I always do it manually since razor seems to hang for me), any hard hitting weapon's cycle is greater than 2 secs (and in any case you would not care because the alternative is not having a shield, so...). (2) In my experience, hardly ever have I encounter pk's who roll around with poisoned weps (or who use poison). (3) I too roll around with high end magic armor, as mikel should know ( :P ), but a good armor set with an invuln shield will push your AR over (at least close to) 70, and at GM parry vs. a GM swdsman you can parry 50% of the shots, which means, when you're at 30HP's, your bandage is 3 secs away from sticking, and that tank mage is rushing in with his hally equipped spamming attack last, you have a 50% chance of surviving and put him on the defensive.

Plus, wearing a shield looks really cool!!

In any case, I know I'm in the minority here, I guess it just boils down to your own personal playing style, and what you like.

I do agree with mikel on the swords issue, you can get dirt cheap power broadswords with decent tactics mods, and it's not a bad wep.
I'm one of the few Parry Dexers:
http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/171300

For me, I just like it. Also, I field trained it (along with most of my other skills), and it took me a long time, so I'm loathe to drop it. :)

My best gear is a full invul dex suit plus an invul heater shield (semi-rare item). My armour rating (AR) is 73, with dexless of -1. With Protection cast (from a GM Mage alt), my AR is 83. Then cast Reactive Armour, drink a white potion, start a bandage, drink a blue potion, chase it down with a red pot, and once the bandage finishes you have 120 Health, 119 Stamina, and you're ready to hunt Big Game (until all your buffs wear off).

The other plus is that you can equip a GM dex suit plus GM heater shield, and have an AR of 42. This is viable against most monsters, except Big Game (Dragons and the like). In other words, parrying can give you good AR cheaply.

I've been talking PvM, since that's all I know. Not sure about PvP and Parry Dexers.

Weapon: If you are using Parry you must have a shield equipped, which means your weapon must be a one-handed weapon. See Mikel123's weapons guide: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=24145
Zadok Uther - Co-founder of Society of Traders [S^T]

Zelek Uther - Guild Master of Terra Nova [TN]

Return to “New Player Help”