Hello! and client.exe stopped working... :(

stuf2008

Hello! and client.exe stopped working... :(

Post by stuf2008 »

Hey everyone! I just wanna quickly express how happy i am to have found a shard that loved the game as it was before the new millenium!

and how terribly sad i am that i have to post an error :/

im runnin vista and the whole installation & patching worked out perfectly after reading the rest of the posts in this forum. I entered the game without any complications and played for about 30min the first time. But then suddenly an error occurs saying "client.exe has stopped working" and the game shuts down. I reloaded the game, played for a couple of minutes, same thing again. Reinstalled 3 times, patched and everything but the error still occurs.

First i thought it was because i, previously had changed the systems paging file to a maximum of free space usage, but when i resetted it to its recommended usage the error endured! :/

I havent been able to find any references to this problem but if someone has experienced this error i would be very grateful if they could post it.

Thank you in advance!

Derrick

Re: Hello! and client.exe stopped working... :(

Post by Derrick »

It's likely a problem with the Music, this is widely reported under Vista.
When you start up the game, go directly into options and turn off the music by unchecking the box of the first tab you see.

Welcome to Second Age!

Lady Aura

Post by Lady Aura »

are you using razor?

what does the error message say?
UOSA Email Support : ladyaura@uosecondage.com

GzA

Post by GzA »

I got this too last night. I had uninstalled my client because I wanted to get rid of snow, have the old effects and sounds... not all this post AOS crap. So I installed according to the instructions on this website... patching using the 5.0.8 tool, etc.

Well, yes the snow and crap were gone but I am constantly seeing my client freeze, hour glass, then windows says an error occured and the program had to be closed. I ended up dying on my first dungeon run and turned it off in disgust.

This is a music issue? I suppose I can live without the tunes. It never did this to me with the newer client but I did not like that version AT all.

I do have Vista... so probably same issue as guy above?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Yes under Vista this is likely the Music.
Also, try inning in compatability mode:
Close all Clients.
Right Click Razor Shortcut -> Properties -> Compatability -> Run This Program in Compat Mode for: -> Windows XP SP2