Just died because I couldn't walk west

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
randale

Just died because I couldn't walk west

Post by randale »

A went to a house, there was a troll in it, and I couldn't walk in west because sometimes won't let me walk in a certain direction. There was absolutely nothing there that could block me. I tried double clicking on an empty part of the same room I got "Can't get there" Was trying to cast a greater heal but kept getting interrupted.

Sheer Luck

Re: Just died because I couldn't walk west

Post by Sheer Luck »

randale wrote:A went to a house, there was a troll in it, and I couldn't walk in west because sometimes won't let me walk in a certain direction. There was absolutely nothing there that could block me. I tried double clicking on an empty part of the same room I got "Can't get there" Was trying to cast a greater heal but kept getting interrupted.
Happens to me every 3rd day. <The can't walk North or West, not the killed by Troll thing>

Do you have a key bound to Razor's re-sync with cllent feature? Works like a charm.
You see: a character crafted by Sheer Luck

[23:55]<Soma> I know very well of Abbott's ways
[23:56]<Soma> He may be a pedophile, but he's a damn good smith

randale

Post by randale »

Sheer Luck wrote:
randale wrote:A went to a house, there was a troll in it, and I couldn't walk in west because sometimes won't let me walk in a certain direction. There was absolutely nothing there that could block me. I tried double clicking on an empty part of the same room I got "Can't get there" Was trying to cast a greater heal but kept getting interrupted.
Happens to me every 3rd day. <The can't walk North or West, not the killed by Troll thing>

Do you have a key bound to Razor's re-sync with cllent feature? Works like a charm.
Yeah, I suppose I could do that, but I'm wondering why it happens in the first place. For example, we sometimes have to power cycle (unplug and replug) our router, but wondering what causes it to happen in the first place, would be better if it just didn't happen.

fox_phyre
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by fox_phyre »

You are not running the recommended client it sounds like. You may have it downloaded but it is not your default client, so the map you see is different from the servers and the slight differences will cause this to happen. Best fix is to get rid of whatever other client you have, install 5.0.8.3 from the website, and just incase add a resynch client hotkey in razor.
Visit my shop in Yew! First house west of Yew Moongate, always stocked!
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=64975

Byokii

Post by Byokii »

I got this last night, and I have the client from the website.

It used to happen on OSI too, it is just a bug in the client.

JBURNS
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by JBURNS »

just use alt p to open your paperdoll...it automatically resyncs

Byokii

Post by Byokii »

JBURNS, is that why opening my paper doll always closes my bank? So annoying.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Definitely sounds as a desynch issue. Easiest route is setting up a resynch key in razor, but as someone suggested, you can open your paper doll, cast teleport, etc, several options to resynch.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

randale

Post by randale »

fox_phyre wrote:You are not running the recommended client it sounds like. You may have it downloaded but it is not your default client, so the map you see is different from the servers and the slight differences will cause this to happen. Best fix is to get rid of whatever other client you have, install 5.0.8.3 from the website
That is exactly the client I have, at least the version number, what about the patch number? At least it is when I start razor. Under my start menu I have "Ultima Online" as well, it also says I have 5.0.8.3. How exactly would another client if it I had it installed interfere with the one I am using, you tell razor what client you want to use by specifying it's directory. I'm guessing you do this when you install it, I just looked at the tabs, it doesn't say where to find the client.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Nah, desynchs depend on too many factors, I desynch sometimes and I also have the site's client. I've found that irregular latency + certain movements (mostly twichy) may trigger desynchs.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Return to “In Game Bug Reports”