Town Invasions

Topics related to Second Age
a_llama

Town Invasions

Post by a_llama »

What era was it were towns would be attacked by monsters and the guards wouldnt do anything? I remember Delucia getting attacked by ophidians and I think Brit got attacked by rats

SteelReserve

Re: Town Invasions

Post by SteelReserve »

UOR I think. and that only happened in Fellcua. (if im not mistaken)

a_llama

Post by a_llama »

Im pretty sure it happened pre fellcua. I started playing like 6 months before UOR and I remember them from the start I think

mrbojangles
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by mrbojangles »

The first siege of vesper took place in 1998. I remember that being the first town invasion event that took place across all shards. There had always been seer events, but don't really remember those for the most part.
Omar Little(irc) / Mr Bojangles / Bowie / Snake Plisken / Martin Van Buren / Dirty Ore

Visit the The Yew Gate Shop for everything you need.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Different invasions for different servers, however I believe Trinsic invasion was for all servers at the same time, and was pre-t2a.

We have had plenty of invasions here, Vesper has been hit, Cove has been hit many times, Delucia was hit once by ophidians and terathans, Nujelm was overrun by undead once, URKs occupied Skara, made a push for Vesper, and still occupy Cove. NPC's also invaded New Windmere for about a month. And I believe that's it for the last 2 years.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

xevec
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by xevec »

We almost had a really awesome Vesper invasion here, but there simply weren't enough Urks to handle the defenders.

Drunk Monk

Post by Drunk Monk »

xevec wrote:We almost had a really awesome Vesper invasion here, but there simply weren't enough Urks to handle the defenders.

Yeah, we lasted about 2 mins in that. Dropped a few ummies before getting taken down though! NOOGGRRAAAHH!!
“What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.” -Albert Pike

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

No, it was still an awesome invasion, you just lost. :P One guild vs the entirety of the attentive shard players, could not have turned out well for Urk in any case I don't thnk. :) I'm proud to say my corpse went static at the destruction of the Urk fort following the attempted seige of Vesper. Good times and lasting memories and I'm there will be more fun as more people have the time to work on them, which is really the only limiting factor here.

There was also an invasion of Minoc here at some point, hence all the corpses around town that have been there since before I started in Feb 2011.
Est Sularus oth Mithas

Charla

Post by Charla »

Server I played on, was T2A and early invasions of towns. I remember because my tailor went to town and got mobbed by
lichs. But I can't remember the monsters being kept in towns over a few days, usually only 24 hours.

enjoy

Westra

a_llama

Post by a_llama »

Maybe it was just a LS thing I remember Del would get attacked by like 5 or so Ophidians every few hours.