Archery Delay Question..

Topics related to Second Age
kalosjakar

Archery Delay Question..

Post by kalosjakar »

Forgive me if this has already been discussed or is already being reviewed or whatever.. but is there currently a slight problem with Archery or is it just me? To me it's definitely not insta-hit..

Ebywok

Re: Archery Delay Question..

Post by Ebywok »

There is a 1 second delay after each shot

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

That feature is based on this OSI patch note:
  • Dec 16, 1997
    "Arrows now inflict the damage one second after the arrow is launched, instead of when the attack is launched."
There's a wealth of information on a lot of our combat system in the Shard News thread. This thread while a little dated has a lot of the resources we've used for our combat system:
Subject: Our Vision, The Lost Patch Notes, and Upcoming changes.

kalosjakar

Post by kalosjakar »

Hrmm, I understand. Just weird how the phrase insta-hit is used,.. and all weapon skills are except Archery, which seems kind of unfortunate.. that answers my thoughts on why not many people here use it on their PVP characters.. and I do recall when Meditation was introduced on OSI, everyone had archery but then dropped it to fit Medi in their build.. thus making Archery not to be used for quite a long while.

Anyways, thanks for answering my question.

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

Archery is still very handy in pvp, you just can't go around pretending it's a melee skill with instahit. Once you get over the hump, you'll find it just as useful as the rest
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Slimeball Jasper

Post by Slimeball Jasper »

I always used Archmages to pvp with and its sad that archery for the most part sucks unless you are on a dexxer.

Faust

Post by Faust »

Archery was predominantly at its peak during the pre-t2a era. During and through out the majority of the t2a era OSI significantly nerfed it to practically oblivion. The main reason it was so dominant during pre-t2a is because insta hit did not exist. All weapons had the same similar delay that archery currently has on here. You could actually dodge a halberd or any other hand to hand combat weapon. Archery obviously could not be dodge because it was a ranged weapon. Once insta hit was implemented early in '99 archery went from the top to the very bottom in its dominance.

Bean

Post by Bean »

I think the nail in the coffin of archery was the str dmg adjust being nerfed.

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

The orcs put archery to good use yesterday outside of moonglow. Some poor guy runs up to our road block laughing at us and trying to steal a crate and I think every single one of our 10 bolt/arrow hits connected. I doubt he knew what hit him considering we were all hidden but one or two.

On that note, the range on the heavy xbow sucks! I can't even hit people on my screen sometimes. Im told that bows have a farther range? I never really used a heavy xbow back in the day so im not familier with the crappy range.
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock