nox dexxer still viable build?

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
TheRealParadise

nox dexxer still viable build?

Post by TheRealParadise »

Gm fencing
Gm anatomy
Gm tactics
Gm poisioning
Gm parrying
Gm healing
Gm resist spells

I finished fencing, anatomy, tactics, and parrying and I just wanna make sure I'm not retarded before i go ahead and GM the other 3. Any help or suggestions would be great!

Taboo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: nox dexxer still viable build?

Post by Taboo »

drop parry for magery and its one of the best pvp builds, just learn how to effectively do exp pots timing and try to always use a kryss *fastest wep in game* or short spear *highest dps wep in game*. youll make them run off screen plenty.

parry is better for an in town one handed swords psner/parryer.

also if you dropped the parry for tracking its an awesome solo pk build, you use exp pot and hit escape to reveal

....also by use exp pots effectively i mean it blocks heals and damages them as they are trying to run away.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

High dps is only good against monsters, who are dumb enough to stand still against you. Realistically, the highest DPS weapon in the game is the halberd, which is why everyone uses it.

I'm sure I've said this in past threads, but I didn't want to waste 100 skill points with Poisoning on my dexxer. I had poisoning on my alchemist, and I had a stack of nice kryss' that were all poisoned and ready, as well as some war forks. Typically I'd carry one of each into battle... the kryss was used primarily, and I would switch to the war fork if I thought the kryss was out of poison charges and I thought that poisoning my enemy would be strategically helpful at a particular moment. With a Dress hotkey, I could set "by type" for kryss and war fork to swap between them pretty seamlessly.

I also think you might find parrying to be less than ideal. If you get poisoned a lot, it really slows down your ability to stay on top of your potions.

Lastly... I'd suggest Greater Poison on the weapons instead of Deadly Poison. It's 99% as effective (and even Lesser Poison is probably 95% as effective), has a couple more charges per usage, and is way the heck cheaper. I only really found DP to be worthwhile against people who couldn't/wouldn't cure it. And in those cases, you really should kill them with purple potions as they run away.

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

Mikel123 wrote:High dps is only good against monsters, who are dumb enough to stand still against you. Realistically, the highest DPS weapon in the game is the halberd, which is why everyone uses it.

I'm sure I've said this in past threads, but I didn't want to waste 100 skill points with Poisoning on my dexxer. I had poisoning on my alchemist, and I had a stack of nice kryss' that were all poisoned and ready, as well as some war forks. Typically I'd carry one of each into battle... the kryss was used primarily, and I would switch to the war fork if I thought the kryss was out of poison charges and I thought that poisoning my enemy would be strategically helpful at a particular moment. With a Dress hotkey, I could set "by type" for kryss and war fork to swap between them pretty seamlessly.

I also think you might find parrying to be less than ideal. If you get poisoned a lot, it really slows down your ability to stay on top of your potions.

Lastly... I'd suggest Greater Poison on the weapons instead of Deadly Poison. It's 99% as effective (and even Lesser Poison is probably 95% as effective), has a couple more charges per usage, and is way the heck cheaper. I only really found DP to be worthwhile against people who couldn't/wouldn't cure it. And in those cases, you really should kill them with purple potions as they run away.
great advice i second the above

magery is great i would go with wrestling for the other 100.0 in case you need to heal a dump and i don't want to risk getting interupted with my fist up casting a recall or a gheal. i also cant argue that tracking is a great suggestion third option would be hiding but i would rather just waste invis charges if i need to hide rather then devote 100 points to it (like the poisoning concept as well)
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

Taboo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Taboo »

sorry but I think you're wrong and ignorant on what is actually field effective. I could point out the many reasons but it would take too long. GL with that.

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

Taboo wrote:sorry but I think you're wrong and ignorant on what is actually field effective. I could point out the many reasons but it would take too long. GL with that.
trash talk forum is that way don't post if you have nothing to offer to the discusion. Everything he said is true or please do retort.
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

I use the first build listed with magery instead of parry and love it. Being able to apply DP in field is a huge bonus, and it helps with burning through your opponents cure pots quickly so they get stuck casting cure versus defensive spells alot more often. You don't have to switch out weapons so you can just field one power/vanq weapon, versus carrying a bunch of nice weaps (or junk gm weaps.)

To each his own.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Kabal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kabal »

TheRealParadise wrote:Gm fencing
Gm anatomy
Gm tactics
Gm poisioning
Gm parrying
Gm healing
Gm resist spells
I fought this template in the final round of a player run warrior tournament except instead of resist he had archery which he never used(only because it was a warrior tournament).

My temp was

Maceing
Tactics
Anatomy
Healing
Magery
Wrestling
Resist

100/100/25
Derrick wrote: . . .get real please.
"F**k that Morpheus, I'm takin' em both!" -Kabal
*pm me with questions about lasers*

Taboo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Taboo »

iamreallysquall wrote:
Taboo wrote:sorry but I think you're wrong and ignorant on what is actually field effective. I could point out the many reasons but it would take too long. GL with that.
trash talk forum is that way don't post if you have nothing to offer to the discusion. Everything he said is true or please do retort.

actually no, everything he said was BS talking out of his ass field wise and some of it was actually just FALSE.... exp: although more expensive deadly poison is actually more than TWICE as damaging with HALF the amount of time between ticks as greater poison and only has 2 less charges.

also, my alchemist has poisoning and so do 2 of my dexxors.
Hicha wrote:I use the first build listed with magery instead of parry and love it. Being able to apply DP in field is a huge bonus, and it helps with burning through your opponents cure pots quickly so they get stuck casting cure versus defensive spells alot more often. You don't have to switch out weapons so you can just field one power/vanq weapon, versus carrying a bunch of nice weaps (or junk gm weaps.)

To each his own.
...exactly

also wrestle/meditation is useless with this build because you shouldnt be in someones face trying to cast and you dont have any mana regardless... its best as a back up heal while they are in the middle of a dump and getting into wind.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

As I mentioned, the damage from poison is only relevant against people you should have no trouble killing anyways.

If you are fighting someone of reasonable proficiency, the purpose of poison is to get lucky and ruin a bandage
.. or perhaps run them out of cures, which is easier with more charges of course.

You are focused on numbers - specifically damage per second, of poison and weapons - but you are applying those numbers as though they existed in the abstract... not considering them in light of practical game situations. This is the very definition of "ignoring what is field effective".

Taboo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Taboo »

you should always use dp and your alts should only psn weapons for your hally mage, just my oppinion.

having them run out of cures is the entire point just like a macer causes them to run out of refresh.... all while using exp pots and staff charges (macer) to keep their spells interrupted from afar.

Also hally mages seem to be kinda really arrogant now in the way they play with their swing timers, holding attack last combatant hotkey down keeps them wrestling messing up their little dps (which is not so much against armor anyway) I doubt fruit loops or chad would have been so sloppy.

Return to “Guides”